1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columns How I Became A Game Designer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Wow, cool column! I remember spending many a good hour on Zombie Smashers X. I even found a mod later that allowed you to play as a Zombie and kill all the humans, even more fun! I'll admit my only experience of ZSC was watching Joe drive down a street, armed with the lightning of God, in a shopping trolly, killing thousands upon thousands of zombies. And that brief introduction was all I needed to know that this was a good game.

Out of interest, how much background do you have as a coder, or did the idea for the game come and then you learned how to program the engines?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

God, those Zombie games helped the hours pass when I should have been doing my dissertation - and were the main reason I James was one of the first names which sprang to mind when we decided to launch these developer columns. FYI, we'll be having a few new developers revealing themselves and doing weekly columns over the next month or so. Stay tuned!

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Thank you Bit-Tech, this is the best thing you could have possibly published for me right now. I'm currently applying to go to Newcastle University to do Computer Science - Games and Virtual Environments and I've really been looking for an insight to how the wheels start moving when games are developed independantly. I can't wait for the next entry and I hope that first bit is true and more designers will be writing columns.

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

The second is already in hand, third is on the way too - short answer: yes there will be more!

6. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

A very insightful read!

Tags: Add Tags