1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty 5 to be set in the Pacific?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. soulburner

soulburner What's a Dremel?

It's worth mentioning that Treyarch isn't the original developer of Call of Duty series. Infinity Ward is, but it seems the game title is entirely owned by the publisher. I don't even think CoD4 was supposed to be titled like that, but it was the publisher's call.

Now there is going to be further confusion when CoD5 arrives done by Treyarch again (they did some addon scenario to CoD1, then CoD3 for consoles).

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I really hope that infinity ward are busy on something else and that they simply cannot do COD5 rather than they are just being left out of the project. Why make a change to the developer when they clearly do such a good job?

4. Matt_117

Matt_117 What's a Dremel?

IW need to take the COD4 engine and produce a good looking sci-fi game with good graphics, they seem to be selling (Halo 3, Mass Effect, Crysis, Bioshock etc).

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

a pacific scenario might be cool if done correctly.....

6. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

its COD3 all over again....... please stop them now! i hate other companies killing games like this

7. Speedo

Speedo What's a Dremel?

I guess CoD6 will be the next 'true' (read: Infinity Ward) title, if they stay on the series. From what I understand CoD is under a 1 year release cycle as a title but Infinity Ward has a 2 year dev cycle.

8. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Idiots!

9. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

That's a shame that they feel the need to go back to the WW2 series.

I'm so tired of the WW2 genre and I'm so pleased with what infinityward did with COD4, it's time to expand on that and move forward.

If they do have to take a step back in time why can they do Vietnam or something....please please please no more WW2!!!

This is sad news :(

10. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Sigh.. another return to the WW2 genre...

All I want is a multiplayer that is as fun as Bf2 is/was, set in a modern context and with the level of environment interaction of Crysis.

Or have I just described BF:Bad Company?

11. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

You probably described bf3

12. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

I think the BF and CoD franchises made the jump into modern war too quickly. While i don't think sticking with WW2 is the best idea. But there was also Korea and we could also through in some 50s cold war twist on history. But once you do modern warfare there is nowhere else to go unless you wait another ten years to release a game. Or do what BF did and we all know how that turned out. One of the biggest disappointments ever, so many good ideas, such bad execution.

13. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

cod5 in the pacific might not be a bad idea as long as the pc port is included otherwise forget it. It
    could be a good fill in until I. ward gets cod6 to market. no more of these console only games!

14. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I don't mind if they go back to the WWII era, but please let Infinity Ward take over the development. At the end of the day, it's the gameplay that counts, not the story or the guns. Actually disregard the bit about the guns.

15. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

sure does look like it. you guys realize that cod4 is actually the real cod3. also, i wont be buying this 'fake cod5', ill wait for the real cod4 to come out (or cod6 as it will most likely be called). cod 3 and cod 5 are not apart of the call of duty franchise but rather spin offs made by another company.

it would be intersting to have a cod set in vietnam. or even if a cod had its own cold war story. i think its bull that other companies get to use the call of duty name to sell their games.

16. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

I think COD in Vietnam would be awesome, they'd have to balance it right though, and remember the fact that the US actually lost...

17. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Let WWII be put to rest, and lets fight the modern conflicts of our time! In other words, more games to feed muslim hatred :D

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

YES YES YES, I am sooo glad that CoD is going back to the world wars, I was hoping to do battle in the pacific, this is awesome news. ^_^

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The Pacific isn't bad but I think Vietnam would be better/harder

20. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

maybe a game were you play the bad guys.....

Tags: Add Tags