1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel wants to do hands-free consoles?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

intel wants it hand in yet another pie, what ever happened to the philosophy of do one thing and do it right

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Could be interesting, but it (hands free) would require a significant amount of horsepower and a lot of luck. I don't think we'll losing controllers anytime soon. :)

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

and here we thought playing the Wii looked ridicules... hehe, imagine playing motion sensor, everyone would think your a kook... haha

5. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

well

^
    ^
    ^
    The three of you are right. :duh:

But I ****ing LOVE INTEL. And when I mean Love, I mean, There may be, Just maybe, be a "Intel" sticker I put on my Girlfriends Face, every time we make sweet love.............Maybe. :worried:

Anyways, Yeah. I love intel and really wish I could see more Intel parts inside of more things.
    And consoling would be great start for them.

Face it, We would have a LOT LESS X-box's burning out, if they used a Intel Processor.

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

so ah 3pm good for your appointment with nexxo

7. evox

evox What's a Dremel?

you are one creepy dude :O

:p

8. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

You would have to learn to moon walk on the spot if you wanted to move forward on an FPS!!!

9. DeXtmL

DeXtmL What's a Dremel?

Personally, i think the mo-sensitive tech is so inmature today, still has a long way to go. The worst situation might be you standing in front your 1TFlops PC and a unpleasant motion-controlled game or sth. By experincing incorrect detection, stupid interpreting, strict demand on the image background... you may feel that cpu is wasted on this not-yet flourishing technology.
    But surely this is a exicting idea, i'm dreaming to have that day.

10. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

you would need voice controls too, so in FPS games you can run around your living room shouting PCHAW PCHAW

ahh just like when we were 6

11. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

translated "I ****ing LOVE MONOPOLIES"

Intel needs competition. For example, they are already on their second-gen 80-core CPU architecture (from what I've heard) and w/ no competition, that reality won't be coming for a while until they find a reason to have to put it out. Basically what I'm saying is this: Intel doesn't need any more of our money, especially if another (non-monopolistic) company can provide the same.

o yeah, let's not put any blame on MS's horrid thermal design shall we. How many PS3's do you see burning up?

12. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Ok you know what?

The Voice's say that you are are Freakin Wrong.

13. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I only hear 1 voice......

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I loved the motion sensors in that cop arcade light gun game where you had to physically duck to duck behind cover etc, good fun. Not seen that arcade in years though. Aint sonys eye toy have motion sensor games?

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

what if you have a small room, how will you be able to run in the game??? run into walls

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i am with devdevil85 on this one..... and i think you are late for your appointment with Nexxo....

17. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

I doubt it, setting up cameras would be too complicated.

18. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

The concept and theory are great, its just the execution that would worry me. Would you have to physically squat down pretending like your driving to get the thing to work?

But the thought of four DLP projectors in a room with me in it does sound rather enticing.

19. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Yes. its good fun but rather gimmicky, and there aren't many games for it. Before I got my PC, it was fun having some friends round and waving your arms around... but that has been completely demolished by the Wii, which is similarly fun but much better (games and gameplay)

20. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

When are they going to understand we dont/cant do an aerobic workout for 5 hours ... aside from helping less able people play games with much more subtle movements than that of the wii I cant see this sort of control taking off... for exmaple proper gamers who want to spend more than 20 minutes playing a game arent going to want to be jumping around like a tool.

Tags: Add Tags