1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Soldier of Fortune: Payback

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller What's a Dremel?

Decent graphics, but that's about it.
    I'd give it a 3 out of 10, personally.

3. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

well that sucks.

i love the realism with area damage and shooting somethin in the right place and enough times should break it. *cough Ageia PhisX*

i cant wait till games like CoD and the like adopt a bit more enviornment interaction aside from a few bricks sitting on a broken wall that bounce off when a grenade "blows you up" er.. i mean, pushes your limp player model away from a point where something that looked like it was a body ripping explosion should have been.

im just sick and tired of all this 'realism' getting better and better, but games like quake 3 were the last to encorperate gibs flying all over (however irrealisitc it looked) when a rocket hit the player. when a anti-personel mine goes off in your face 10 inches away as your are crawling prone through a hole in the wall, i expect to see only a pair of legs and some of a torso on one side, and a bloody mess on the other.

and i also expect that if i shoot the corner of a brick wall, a little piece should go missing. i know thats down the road, but for heavens sake, if a bullet can go thru a cinderblock wall in CoD4, then at least there should be some sort of 'breakable' surfaces.

sorry about the rant.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The best game for bullet physics and interactions in my opinion is still STALKER. Bullets move at oblique angles and can be seen to move as in real life. No physics to speak off and no gibbage, but ragdolls and gravity-effected bullets are enough for me.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

you mean they f***ed this up?

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It's still amazing how many games can't handle the simple task of getting a bullet to fall realistically. Jeez, that is basic kind of stuff (BF2, I'm looking at you).

7. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

This is by far the worst game ive tried this year i cannot believe how such a total piece of crap can be released in 2007 this game wouldnt even be good if it was released 5 years ago. This is nothing more than a paethetic attemt to make new money of old crap.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Trust me, I've tried games that are a lot worse. :p

9. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I ditto this sentiment

After COD4 (amazing) I was desparate for a new game to play, this almost destroyed my faith in PC gaming.

Awful. Truly awful. I sincerely hope no-one goes out and spends money on this game.

10. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

they need to learn that excessive violence does not make the game

11. Major

Major Guest

Well I would agree with you, but not at the start of the game, the guns in the first few levels are shocking, but after that they are pretty awesome.

12. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

I had hours of fun with sof2. So it's really a disappointment to see the new one not resemble the old ones game play at all IMO. Also, when i played it on my computer, with its slow 7600gt. It couldn't handle it at all because theres no graphics settings other then the resolution!

Last edited: 16 Dec 2007
  13. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

Yeah, I just played this game. It totally sucks. Heh.
    Its just too simple, and annoying.

There is alot of gore, however it just feels misplaced. It feels like thats what the whole game is focused on, because to be honest everything else is just CRAP.

It was a bit strange with setting options. The only graphics setting you could change was the resolution, though with my 8800 card I had no problems. Though, I was wondering... Is there a certain automated graphics setting, or is there ONLY one setting?

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I thought it was great fun. Completely rubbish, but great fun as long as you don't take it at all seriously.

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think that would break the boundaries of stupid....

16. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

bah, so it's nothing like sof 2 or sof damn too bad they screwed it up, liked sof 1 and sof 2 very much but after reading this all it looks like I have to pass on this one (*off to play crysis again)

17. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

I would still buy it just because it's a SOF and I like blood gore and random bodyparts.

Can anybody spot the problem with this screenshot. linky

18. Major

Major Guest

Is it something to do with the gun? The pull thingy is in the wrong place or something? :p

19. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

Nope. Look at his hand.

20. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

His left thumbnail merges with skin tones a little much but otherwise... I give up...

Tags: Add Tags