1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware OCZ Vendetta

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/12/23/ocz_vendetta/1

We're not sure why OCZ named this heatsink the Vendetta, but we're guessing it's so offended by heat, that it's out to avenge the cold. What we can say for sure is that the Vendetta is reasonably priced and has a few novel features, as you'd expect from OCZ.

:)

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Good review as always, I like the heatpipe idea, I wonder if more companies will do this. The grommets are a nice touch too, from experience they really do help.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

The heatpipe idea is a very good 1, I read a review of a larger heatsink using it, and even though the contact dose not look as good, its far better. I think we will soon see more and more heatsinks using it. Great review as always:thumb:

4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

The heatpipe idea sounds really cool, but I can't help but feel those ridges are going to take away from the advantage of having the heatpipes against the proc in the first place.

5. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

I cant see why they couldnt still have those heatpipes as close, but fill in the gaps with the metal fins that are already there, so that they create a plate type surface, maybe it just added to much to the cost.

This is one heatsink i wont be considering as mentioned it was only really good when at full speed, and thats just too much noise for my taste, i dont like it when my front fans have to be turned up to 1300rpm.

6. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I am still not seeing the temps for the stock HSF. How can you do an experiment without a control? Even if you already know what the temps are with the stock cooler, it would be really nice to have them there for comparison.

7. Major

Major Guest

New Idea I guess.

But Bit-Tech, I'm curious as to why you never use a Thermalright Ultra or Extreme? They easily are the best heatsinks out atm.

8. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

QFT, though is it just me, or does every outfit that makes a stock fan makes some change to it after a few months? Sounds like it'd be hard to keep up.

Tags: Add Tags