1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits How To Spend Your Christmas Cash

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Nice article, though I'm not sure that 'cheap tech toys' is the appropriate page title for that content... I was expecting a roomba, or a robosapien. :O

3. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

good article, I'm stuck between the creative zen and the samsung yp t10, the specs are very close and the price is almost the same, can anyone help me?

4. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

flip a coin. good idea for an article

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

now..... i really want that Razor Deathadder :p

although i can't believe you guys recommended 256MB graphics cards but then went for Cosmos, from one end of extreme to the other.

really, 256MB isn't enough, i had a 320MB 8800GTS and that suffered badly in all Dx10 titles, World in Conflict was unplayabe, Crysis is only playable at medium.

6. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Nice article guys!

I really should buy a crumpler, but their product page/variety absolutely confuse me... It's like a 14 year old on LSD has been allowed to design it....

7. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

got to remember tho, some people just can't afford what us "rich" people can.

Anyway great read :p now i know where to get a dremal from :O!

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

an unbalanced 256MB graphics card for budget builds VS Cosmos for extreme hardcore system builders.

i don't get the logic

9. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

Hah! The first thing was going to do today after I got off work was buy The Witcher. Then I open this article and see it listed first thing. Nice.

10. scrumble

scrumble What's a Dremel?

Leatherman Wave Multitool
    UK Price: £105.99
    US Price: $55.99

Isn't that the wrong way around? If its correct, and given the strength of the pound, that doesn't that mean we're effectively paying four times as much in the UK?

Either way, the £10 multitool from Argos is good enough for. Even has a little LED torch in it :)

11. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

It's because they are both priced around the same, it's an article on how to spend cash after all.

edit: also 256MB card might be ok if you running a relatively low res

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Man, am I the only one who got pretty-much-nothing-at-all from the holiday season?

Big up on the Cosmo chassis. But that flash drive nomination seems out of place:(

Last edited: 26 Dec 2007
  13. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

the 8800 GT 256 cards are not up to the jobs you have to select Low texture settings to make games playable, if your going to be spending £120 on an video card you realy cant be hard pushed for £30 more for the 8800 GT 512 instead as its well worth its money and you get norm performace the 8800 gt does

does that Zen device work with out the creative software as i have found it very unstable (or is it better now)

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It's most likely correct, we get ripped on stuff like that :(

Either way the wave's an awesome tool, you can tell it's the product of years of design evolutions; I love mine :)

Personally this Christmas, I feel another spinpoint coming on...

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Where's the cutlery!?!:D

16. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

neat list.. I really need to check out those PC 161 headphones.. mine are getting pretty dodgy these days :)

17. xsolonx

xsolonx What's a Dremel?

hey, just thought i'd let you know that guitar hero 3 here in the U.S. is not usually 169.99, that would be rock band's price out here. guitar hero 3 goes for $89.99- $99.99 for the wireless kits depending on the system.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

If I wouldn't be so freaking lazy I would go buy CoD4 right about now ... but wow am I LAZY

19. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Hmm, bit-tech seems to really love the DeathAdder, I have a Copperhead and love it but I'm curious if anyone has used a Lachesis? The 4000 DPI intrigues me but I've not seen one out of its packaging to try my grubby little hands on it.

20. lost_r0nin

lost_r0nin What's a Dremel?

That is the correct price in the US. I got the Charge XTI for about $100US last year. And there is no substitute for a Leatherman. I use mine on a daily basis and wouldn't give it up for any other.

"Guitar Hero 3
    UK Price: £64.99 (inc. Delivery)
    US Price:$169.00 (excl. Tax)"

That US price is way off. The game + controller is $80 for PC and Wii, $90 for PS2 and $100 for Xbox360 and PS3. It looks like you UK guys are getting hosed there too. $169 is about the price for the whole Rock Band pack though.

Tags: Add Tags