1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Noahpad" Eee PC rival announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Mmm.... Full English.

3. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Now if it can cook the full English too. Where do i signup? ;)

4. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Even if it costs $50 I'd get an Eee instead. Real keyboards mean a lot.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'd still rather get a Eee

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im still waiting for solid state 30GB+ drive in a 10inch or less laptop........ then i'd buy one :)

all those attemps are good, but not good enough. but the idea of this Noahpad with 30GB drive is better than EEE *except* the keyboard part.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, Eee user and lover here so take the following as you will but:

The split keyboard is bad. The Eee's keyboard is stupidly small and unusable for 20 minutes, then you get used to it and you're typing nearly as fast as you do on a standard keyboard within a week or two. The foldyback thing sounds like it could be cool, the ability to turn into a tablet would be awesome, but I do question whether they'll pull that off well. The 30GB HDD? Instinctively I'd say "YAY, more space!" - but even a 1.8" disk (Which I assume is the form factor they'll go for) is going to add mass and volume to the machine, and with the Eee so ridiculously hackable for extra space (you can breach 30 with ease) in a variety of ways which barely add any weight and no volume I think the EeePC might win for some people there still. Although certainly those who don't have a clue what the slots in the sides of their machines are for might find it more attractive.

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

How do you add more memory to the Eee?

9. naokaji

naokaji whatever

why does everyone including linked article in first post say eeepc is sold out if ocuk has (one model only, but atleast something) in stock?

anyway..

i dont think those super small and cheap notebooks are going to compete with real notebooks just yet, i see them more as a alternative to pda's.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Remove a few screws from the plate on the underside, remove plate, slot out RAM, slot in new RAM, stick plate back on, screw in screws. There's a limiting factor that the linux kernel used

Tags: Add Tags