1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Burnout Paradise

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Yes! I must have a next gen console, I still drool over the fun in Burnout 2 seeing how much money i can wash down the drain in insurance damages.

3. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Reviewers are usually given a press pack or similar which contains screen shots etc of a game.
    Still.. 9/10? I want what Joe is smoking :p

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

May have to buy this today

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

9/10 - well deserved. It is thoroughly fun to play. Having played the demo, I can only imagine how large the play area is.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Many people think that based off the demo it must be a bad game. It isn't. The demo was just ****.

9. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, is this one more reason for me to get a PS3? I'm between a PS3 and a Wii right now and besides the cost difference the lack of a decent TV is keeping me back.

The game looks good for a console game and I haven't had a decent racer game to occupy me for a while.

10. K

K 528491

I was so thoroughly underwhelmed by the demo I figured I'd just steer completely clear of this one, but all the reviews are coming in hugely positive so I'm not sure what to think really.

No offline multiplayer is a big BIG put-off for me. Pretty inexcusable for a Burnout game. I can't believe I won't be able to get my ass kicked over and over by my gf via the wonders of split-screen.

...wait, sign me up!

11. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

needin' something different at the moment and this sounds like fun. Getting bored running around shooting things all the time.

that blowup button sounds sweet :D

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

"its Showtime!!!!"

13. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

flatout is supposed to be a multiplayer game. But there is no multiplayer. How odd.

And also, you note how there's never been people in cars - you used to get crash out bonuses if you smacked another car hard enough causing their driver to fly out, ragdolling as they hit the scenery :)

14. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Only one real issue with this review and before I say it I would like to mention I have none of the next gen consoles.

"What brings the whole experience together though is the truly amazing graphics. We were playing the game through on the PlayStation 3, which is an admittedly more powerful machine than the Xbox 360, and both the graphics and physics were fantastic."

This isnt true, I have read alot about both the consoles on the tech sites etc for long time and no where has conculusive evidence one is significantly better than the other. The 360 has the better gfx chip its more powerful and more advanced however the ps3 has the better cpu but its hard as hell to program for and get the most out of it. So one has better gfx the other better cpu means that in the end they come out looking almost identical.

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'd take issue with that. The general consensus is, AFAIK, that the PS3 is a more powerful machine in terms of what it can do and the better CPU, as well as intergrated physics libraries, makes it so. Burnout may not be the best example to look at, but the PS3 is capable of more than the 360 inherently because of the system architecture and software implementation. You're right about it being harder to program for though. That isn't to say that the PS3 is a better machine, just that it is capable of more at the core. If anything, I'd side with a 360 as a better machine, purely because I prefer the controller.

16. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

The demo was so bad that I cancelled my pre-order! The game looked pretty enough, but that's all there was to it. I'm still not sure of the open city idea. I just think it'd get a bit tedious after a while.

17. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

I'm thorughly enjoying it, a great game.

18. Sandwich

Sandwich What's a Dremel?

No offline multiplayer... looks like ill wait for Paradise 2 or sumtin.

oh and the 360 is better as of now since it is much easier to code for and to be honest... in the games industry that is all that matters. 'Cause if you can't code for it, its hardware level power is pretty much useless. Developers have a tough enough time meeting deadlines as it is. PS3 will be a major forced to be reckoned with in a year or so when developers start getting into the nitty gritty and learn all the tricks, however its a pretty hard road to travel so we'll just have to see.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Why the bloody **** can't they release this on PC? :wallbash:

20. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

this games almost made me go out and buy a console so I could play this game.

Tags: Add Tags