1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hot Coffee lawsuit pays off

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Woo! Compensations for me! :D

Does amazon past orders count as a receipt?

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Modified.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Is it not more likely there is a pot of 2.75 million that once allocated is gone thus not going to affect Take-Two any more than it already has.

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

oops.. missed the part that its limited. when reading it first i was thinking its just what it cost them till now... but your right. logic dictates that they set a hard cap.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this is ridiculous........

7. richms

richms What's a Dremel?

Perhaps those that were not offended should put their claim in and then use it to spend on another take2 game to show them some support (or just give it back to take2) and use that prize pot up quicker so that the nannys who complain are more likly to be too late?

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

9. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I can see Jack's point that the code, even though it was de-activated, should never have really been in the game.

What I can't understand is people getting payouts for being offended when they had to jump through hoops to even activate the code in the first place.
    Completely retarded. :(

I like the idea of making claims and donating it back to Rockstar. :D

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Us only??? Darn, why doesnt the rest of the world get offended like US citizens???

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

yep, everyone should make a claim, throw it in one pot, then call rockstar and tell them they can have it back if they release a pc version of the next gta game at same day as console version.:thumb:

12. Dreaming

I'd go along with that.

I don't think it's underhand to take advantage of a situation, though it was tongue in cheek ;). I'm a UK resident anyway. At least I purchased the game which is probably more than can be said for many of the players. (I think I read it was 25% of all software is pirated, the other day). I'll be buying GTA:IV too, when that's released for PC. Edit: also the money as already has been stated has already been deducted from Rockstar to give to game owners.

I do think it's absurd, because it's an 18 rated game, you get sex in films so why should it be offensive in a game?

13. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

when are the Americans gona realize they are a nation of pussys and hypocrats? It really topped with the Mass Effect scandal on Fox news, geez who raised this people????

afternote: I realise that only the scandals reach the media and internet over here, but it still makes me sick!

14. Dreaming

You have to remember America is a big country that is quite divided. I'm sure gamers really don't give a **** about this, like we don't. But there is a large moral slightly right wing religious part of the populous that has significant influence due not only to their presence but their political power. Ever heard of WAMP? White, anglo-saxon, male, protestant - the formula for practically every US President except I believe JFK who was Roman Catholic.

Don't get me wrong, there is a massive liberal force in the US which has contributed towards civil rights etc. but equally there is the 'Moral Majority'.

15. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

While a whole 5 dollars sounds mighty tempting, I'll pass. There's no reason to keep beating this dead horse.

...over

...and over

...and over

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Exactly. Pandora's Box, and all that jazz.

EDIT: This may be a stretch, but an analogy for this would be someone suing a fan manufacturer because they stuck their finger into it while it was running and was cut up. lol.

I for one will not be participating in this particular 'witch hunt'. And personally, I found Hot Coffee to be quite entertaining. But then again, I have a crass politically incorrect sense of humor.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2008
  17. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

I will third that!

18. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

haha what a joke, i'd be keen for the pot of gold to make GTA4 release on PC same day as consoles

19. Dreaming

Yea I'm looking forward to GTA4 so much I'd be willing to pay a premium to get it this year along with the consoles. I expect they don't want to do that though for fear of piracy. Also, they may stagger the release dates to have 'Just in time' development schedules. I'm no project manager, but if they focus on getting the console one ready, then say it takes 12 months to port to PC, 6 months before console release start the porting process with a team or two and then gradually as development finishes up then you can focus properly on PC whilst the sales guys get the console version out there making money, then ship the PC version after 3 months, and do the rest of the development through patches :p

Rockstar are actually really good for finishing games before they release them actually :)

20. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Oh yeah....$5 is on it's way....when the case is done of course....

Tags: Add Tags