1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ben Heck unveils Xbox 360 Elite Laptop

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

only if microsoft would release this............ then sony would be screwed.

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

can't get on his site, does it have a PC inside too or is it just a 360, if its just a 360 it has limited use as a portable machine as all it could do is play games.

4. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

Can´t acces the side either, but i´ve seen some of the older revisions based on the ordinary xbox 360, and no there´s no computer inside.

5. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

It is just a 360. There is no way you could fit a PC in there as well. Not to mention twice the heat would be generated.

Not sure if it was Ben, but I saw an Xbox360 laptop before the Elite came out that was different from this one. Though this one looks a lot better.

6. FR34K

FR34K What's a Dremel?

he's made 3; an Xbox Laptop, Xbox 360 Laptop, and now this Xbox 360 Elite Laptop

I think the site may be currently down...I can't get on it either. really wanna see the work log on this sucker.

edit: it's back online...

also... I think I prefer the original Xbox 360 Laptop(the white one before this)...it looked better IMO, and it was freakin liquid cooled.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2008
  7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Still can't load his site, I didn't know if perhaps there was a nanoITX in there or something, laptops are generally poor and not upgradeable so something that you could use as a games machine and a web/office machine would be pretty cool, problem with most gaming laptops is the graphical juice is never enough in the end and they aren't really upgradeable.

I guess the same thing could be done with a PS3 in the future once a slimline variant comes out, then you could also run Linux on it.

8. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

The ps3 runs much hotter than the xbox 360 does and has some hardcore cooling inside that has been designed to just about fit into that space let alone something smaller so i guess you will have to wait for the ps3 slim lol

i agree the white xbox laptop does look much better!

does any1 know if that is a hd screen, (ie a computer monitor?)?

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya the xbox 360 "laptop" mod has already been done but this certainly looks a lot cleaner.

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

so now you can plug in a mouse and play Halo 3?? ace!

mouse > controller :)

11. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

And they say Computers only rule 14% of the gaming market!

Bah! I tell you! Bah!

12. bigniall

bigniall What's a Dremel?

Can't get on the site but has he integated a PSU or do you stil have to carry about the extra 'brick' to get it working - kind of defeats the portability aspects if he hasn't.

Tags: Add Tags