1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Phase III by cc3d

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/03/05/phase_iii_by_cc3d/1

What do you get when you give a crazy modder with a passion for accessibility total access to a water jet cutting instrument and high-end hardware? You get a test bench on crack! We take a look at cc3d's Phase III and see if the build is as good as it is unique...

:idea:

2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Very impressive, looks like a prop straight out of a big budget Sci Fi film.

3. GauteHauk

GauteHauk What's a Dremel?

If I had to rate it on a 1 to 10, I'd give it a 9 for the eye candy alone! The look is complicated without looking messy, bulky and at the same time delicate. I have to say, one of the most impressive builds I've seen. Excellent work, man! I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

4. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

In 50 years, this is what cc3d shows his grandkids. Atleast I would!

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

hmmz...

He stole my 4 year old idea of making a mobo on-top of all the rest. Its good to see my idea works well.
    If i can find the money somewhere to build my version i would have my sweet revenge. Until then i just have to drool over this one. ;)

6. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

With all due respect to cc3d and his amazing skills, this is just... ugly. It may be an excellent idea, but it's plain ugly. :S

Sorry, but I had to say it.

In contrast, Project FiveWood looks very promising. :)

7. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Old school modding with new school tools.....what a combo!

8. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Yeah I have a to agree with Multiplectic on this one, excellent building skills, but it is ugly. I think cold cathodes, UV etc looks dated now, and to be honest they serve no purpose. Its pimp my computer for the sake of pimpin. In fact isnt modding computers a bit dated?

9. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

I think it had A LOT of positive points. The overall shape of the case is wonderful. I feel it lacks in the details though. There is a bit too much going on. Having the different designs that don't relate to each other in any way just makes it look like any pattern to be seen was grabbed. The phase logo its self was great. But twice on the front was unnecessary and I feel the logo on the side should have been done on both sides for continuity. I liked the rest of the front however, it was for the most part very well thought out. I don't understand the reason for two flow meters though. the one on the front would have been fine, and I feel the tube would have been more manageable without it. I''l give it a 7of 10. I like the over all design so much. But the color scheme and details bring it down a couple notches.

10. Ownzyouall

Ownzyouall What's a Dremel?

Amazing. Looks like it came straight out of a box. Very nice design. I like how you managed to hide all the cables and wrapped the water tubes around the fan bracket. All the metal fabrication matches quite well. I like this case because its unique - the way it opens up. Case is well lit, I hate how some cases have so many dark spots. Seems kinda old school, but not bad. I suggest you add a 5.25" drive bay device thats got a LCD screen showing fraps or perhaps a equalizer or something. Theres only one thing I hate about this mod - the color of the lighting. Everyone uses blue, blue is too common - it makes every case seem similar to my eyes. I mean, it'd be nice to see something different for a change, you know what i mean? Maybe a green or red logo or someting to add contrast would be nice. I hate how only blue is always used, i get the idea and I've seen enough.

Anyways how do you people manage to cut those sheet of metal so well? and I don't mean like squares, triangles, circles'n stuff, I want to know how that perfect-etching and lazer-cut logos designs and stuff are done. Cause I doubt you can do it at home with out paying a ton of $$$$ to a metal custom metal fabricator. Anyways................... great case overall, you've got my vote.

11. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Did you stumble in here by mistake? :hehe:

12. HandMadeAndroid

13. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

lol, i agree with whiskeyalpha, this is a more modding site than any mr 'handmadeandroid'.

When all is said and done i hate this case. I'll be honest, i didnt read the article or follow the walk through because the case looks ugly, so i'm not going to waste my time doing that right now, but its not pretty, its busy, disorgansied and taki imo.

Thats not to detract from his skillz and craftmanship at all, i just think he would have been better using his skills for something more elegant.

peace

14. HandMadeAndroid

@ mrb_01 I never considered this a strictly modding site. I come here to read the tech news daily and enjoy the articles and reviews.

15. Nature

Nature Minimodder

That's one fancy lookin' toaster oven.

16. Matticus

Matticus ...

Hope this post works, damn busy servers last night.

I really like this mod, even though the colour scheme is a bit wacky, I would have prefered one colour for the case and one for the lights, but thats just me. Plus my case is a bit multicoloured.

HandMadeAndroid, you are on the modding section...

17. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Have to agree with some of the comments here, good craftmanship, but the case itself is just horibly garish. To me this is a simple case of over modding, gone beyond the a certain point where it just becomes ugly.

Tags: Add Tags