1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Lost: Via Domus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/03/07/lost_via_domus/1

The videogame of Lost has finally arrived much to the joy of series fanatics everywhere. Formed from a collaboration of the Lost team and Ubisoft, the game offers a brand new glimpse at the Lost franchise and a chance to immerse yourself in the story. But is it any good?

:sigh:

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Even before going straight to the conclusion page, I'd surmised this game just wasn't going to be pretty.

3. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

Why cant they learn, there are so few good game-movie tie-ins.

Well at least I can play Lord of the Rings Online with enjoyment, now that is how you use a license properly.

I am quite disappointed.

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Why not wait until the TV show is over then you can have all the island to play in, from the crash right to what happens at end of tv show and more, ow and if Kate looks the most life like can we have a picture of her?

5. Agent Denton

Agent Denton What's a Dremel?

Well I don't think there's any surprise there.

The review was odd, though. It felt like one of the game designers was standing over your shoulder with a large whip, forcing you to come up with good points about the game.

6. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

"It felt like one of the game designers was standing over your shoulder with a large whip, forcing you to come up with good points about the game" rofl the game was a waste of time and money,who actually came up with the idea ! did they not look @ other titles that are out and go right...where will are "lost" game fit in..?

7. Slink

Slink B7

Terrible.
    The series is good, and the franchise is huge i imagine, with figures and other trinkets kicking about, But a video game?

Only few movie/tv > VideoGames have worked. And for me Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is top of the game.
    At least if i had to write for a lost game, it certainly would'nt involve the same island and same members. Maybe make it from the perspective of someone OFF the island, or leading upto the events of ben's peeps ariving etc.

hello

8. Ownzyouall

Ownzyouall What's a Dremel?

Look like a counterfeit version of Crysis

9. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

The game is complete shite to say the least. It takes about 3 hours max to complete and half the time you are watching videos. 4 is being generous.

10. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

was any one expecting better thou?

11. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Unfortunately yes.

12. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

That's impossible. They will continue to make new episodes as long as they can still get some profit out of it. After that people are do sick of the whole thing that nobody will buy the game.

13. Jammy_eel

Jammy_eel What's a Dremel?

Great series, pathetic game. Simple as that.

14. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

You know they've committed to a fixed number of seasons/episodes before concluding it, right?

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah - SEVEN seasons is the minimum they've committed to, but after the success of the first season they were offered FIFTEEN!

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

They are mini seasons though, 12 episodes a piece if memory serves.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

But do you really think they'll stop making it as long as its profitable? And do you think they'll continue to produce it if nobody will see it?

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

No, the second season was like 24 episodes. Either way, twelve hours or so over 7 years...

19. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

Well, the show is no longer doing as well as it did in its first season, and opinion is distinctly polarised, so it's never going to be in a position where the network wants to make it forever. Plus the writers have set a distinct end-point with story arcs for the remaining 3 seasons (or is it 4, I can't remember).

Networks do have a habit of getting their own way, but I think that the directors and writers have enough power and reputation that what they say goes on this one.

20. aurora

aurora JAVA GURU !!!

TV show is great, but I think games will never give the same feelings as show... it's like with all games based on movie.. you know the story you play the game but always feel disappointed when with game's scenario etc...

Tags: Add Tags