1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

ooooh....another game to add to my 'i want' list, along with orange box, GTA 4...etc :D

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

shame it is not a stand alone expansion.....

4. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Picked me up a copy yesterday, has to be said its what cnc3 should have been!

Scrin also have some fairly cool new units such as the Mechapede with up to 8 customizable segments that can be configured for anti (air/infantry/vehicles&buildings/heal&repair other scrin units) "Strong vs Everything" :D

These Mechapedes are fast moving and pritty much pwn anything in there path, a bit unballenced I feel, though great fun to play with.

5. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

Fantastic fun, i love how the global campaign allows you to manouver forces on a global scale and then fight the fights in the RTS way, adds extra meaning to a game rather than a skirmish. agree with the review though, new units are not anything reveloutionary but fit in well with the game.

For £15 from amazon i think its a good game to get

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I disagree :p

And since when is NOD bad? It's those fascist GDI who are the bad guys

In the name of Kane!

Last edited: 30 Mar 2008
  7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

is it me, or the Nod's epic unit is completely rubbish. only 2 add-on slots, and it has to stand still to fire, its lasers sucks compared to the other 2 units.

haven't tryed Scrin in skirmish yet, but GDI's epic unit is superb. build one ASAP! it gathers resources faster than 10 harvesters. and put 2 zone troopers + 1 rocket (for AA) and an engineer for super tank. once zone troopers and MARV gets to star level, you can roll over any brutal AI base with 3 to 5 mammoth tanks covering its flanks.

Global conquest i've found is easiest with Scin, just build 9 bases and you'd win! auto-resolve is also very easy, 2 carriers + 2 destroyers, and you'd win every auto-resolve.

the game as a whole is well worth getting if you love CnC3. it's got a superb Nod storyline, although i do miss some GDI campaign.

8. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

fun game thay do need to work on zoom Out levels we not on consoles you know

9. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Playing SupCom has taught me one thing... you will never be able to zoom out enough in CnC3 :p That being said though I did enjoy it, so I might pick up the expansion. I didn't know it's coming with a Red Alert 3 beta key though hmm...

10. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

£12.71 in tesco.. Wow... for that price I just couldnt say no. Even if the game is somewhat lame compared to the heavy weight Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (which is taking up all my time).

The C&C3 series has its plus points, but its such a shame you cant zoom out enough. Makes for claustrophobic RTS gameplay.. but if the 1990's is your thing.. then you will love this game.

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Anyone Fancy playing some games online with me?
    Drop me a line via PM, or in the Thread i made in the games section.

Oh, and this game rocks, and a great review as usual Joe:D

Sam

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I guess I'll stick to CoH when it comes to strategy.. I've never quite understood the point in these spam-based games tbh.

13. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Loving the game so far. Played about 10 games online and so far I'd say it's great. The SP campaign was also fun.

Worth noting.

The .exe for KW is titled "cnc3ep1" Note the bolded segment. Are we going to be seeing more expansions? Well...

that's pretty much a given considering the entire campaign revolved around Kane getting the Tacitus, putting into his cyborg commander LEGION (aka: you, the player) deciphering it and opening up the tower portal for intergalactic travel. Then the ending cinematic flashed Scrin words on the screen that when translated say something to the effect of "portal open. Begin full-scale invasion."

14. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Bought it Friday and played the single player campaign all weekend, (and still playing) I had to step back from medium to easy in one level, because it was ridiculously hard to get any funding once your tib was depleted. (the level where you start bottom left with the ship in the sea)

I do find that the GDI supertank marv is sickly overpowered and armored compared to the NOD epic walker. I have thrown anything on it, included the epic walker and it still wouldn't die.

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I preordered this from Play, and it's still not arrived. When I saw it in Tesco for £12.71 at the weekend, I was not happy. :(

Really looking forward to playing it, though.

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

[QUOTE='[USRF]I do find that the GDI supertank marv is sickly overpowered and armored compared to the NOD epic walker. I have thrown anything on it, included the epic walker and it still wouldn't die.[/QUOTE]

agree, but Nod's epic walker has 1 super ability: confuse the enemy. use it!

i had 1 MARV and 5 mammoth tanks assaulting a base, the AI Nod got the epic walker in front of my MARV, used its special ability, and i had to watch my star leveled MARV plus 2 star leveled zone trooper in it taking out my 5 mammoth tanks, and left with 1/3 of its health to be finished by the Nod epic unit.

17. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

agree, but Nod's epic walker has 1 super ability: confuse the enemy. use it!

i had 1 MARV and 5 mammoth tanks assaulting a base, the AI Nod got the epic walker in front of my MARV, used its special ability, and i had to watch my star leveled MARV plus 2 star leveled zone trooper in it taking out my 5 mammoth tanks, and left with 1/3 of its health to be finished by the Nod epic unit.[/QUOTE]

aaha! never noticed that, thanx!

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The MARV is simply awesome, truely diserves its 'Epic' Status, the Redeemer on the otherhand is just shocking, that is until you put the Black hand in it, then its a force to be recond with. Completed the entire campaign on Normal, not gonna bother with hard, some of the levels are difficult, including the last mission.. Then theres the Scrin Hexapod, that is powerful, and annoying all at once, heh.

Sam

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

The hexapod is most effective when used in conjunction with Scrin's amazing support abilities. Those healing drones come to mind.

20. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

I'm going to be honest, the ONLY thing that really bothered me about switching to an apple computer and using an xbox 360 for gaming, is the lack of being able to play command and conquer. The original ones have a special place in my gamer..dom.. (gamerdom? is that a new word?) and red alert 2 was a great favorite of mine. Man i miss these games so much. I'm really excited for this game. Now i just need to hold off a few months to upgrade my powerbook to the intel macs. I'm a little behind, with the technology, but oh am I excited.

Tags: Add Tags