1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Eidos Montreal making Thief 4?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

I actually wouldn't mind a Terracide sequel. Loved the original game (though only played it as a kid, so may very well have been a crap game, well, you know what they say: "never meet your childhood idols"). I just don't think there is much of a market for games like Terracide anymore.

3. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Sounds great! Overall I enjoyed Thief Deadly Shadows although the levels did feel a little small/cramped, just like in Deus Ex Invisible War. They used the same engine didn't they? Anyway, looking forward to this. :p

4. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Thief was brilliant back in the day, and would love a modern twist put to it. There was nothing like crouching in the darkest shadow as guards were going by you. Moss Arrows anyone?

5. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

:clap:Fantastic:clap:Can't wait:clap:
    Still, the other games will supply my fix of of arrows till then (yes I do still play them).

6. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

The Thief games are still to this day the most enjoyable series of games I have ever played, now if you will excuse me I think I shall re-install Deadly Shadows.

7. bboynitrous

bboynitrous What's a Dremel?

I'd like to see it only if they retained some of the guys who made the original from Looking Glass like Ion Storm did for Deadly Shadows otherwise it won't be the same. I just hope they don't stray away too much from the first three. Deadly Shadows was seen like an outcast compared to the first two, but it was just like the other two and if anything, two was the outcast for it's unusual mechanical additions and theme I think. With that said, BRING ON THE SCREENIES!!!!

8. naokaji

naokaji whatever

from the sound of it it seems like its still pretty far away, but I sure would like to get a new Thief.

9. Carcarius

Carcarius What's a Dremel?

I loved the game but had a problem with my hard drive and unfortunately lost my saved games. I was 75% into the game and never got around to finishing it. Is there a site that I could go to that has saved games for Thief: Deadly Shadows?

I would definitely get the new game if it is realized.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you might as well start it over and enjoy it again :)

I am so proud to see that Montreal has a good reputation for gaming now :D It's also great to walk downtown and see the big ELECTRONIC ARTS brand name on a building :D

11. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

It's going to be consoled up and ripped apart, designed for people with Xbox joypads glued to their hands. I expect they'll ruin Deus Ex 3 as well. COD4 is the only good multi-format game I've ever played.

12. tylerpestell

tylerpestell What's a Dremel?

I very much enjoyed the first two Thief games. I spent many hours trying to perfect my skills of stealth. I would really like to see where they are going to take the fourth one ... though I guess I need to play the third one as I have yet to play it. I guess I will go buy it .... later.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I didn't think of that but it really is the most probable scenario

14. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

Ever since the original Thief, I've wanted there to be a competitive multiplayer mode. Sneaking around, paying attention to sounds and shadows, ambush points, setting up traps with the environment for would-be assassins, would be terribly fun. NPCs and obstacles could optionally be in the game too, oblivious to the stealth war going on all around them, until one side tricks another into stumbling across a group of armed guards.

15. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

As long as it has proper controls and does not get developed for a console but for PC and then ported.. Not the other way around.

16. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

someday perhaps i'll actually finish the first Theif ... well, here's hoping if make a 4th sequel it's still good.

17. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Oh man, Deus Ex 3 and Thief 4 at the same time, awesome! Unless of course they eviscerate it the way they did with DE2-IW!

Tags: Add Tags