1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 Children and still wanting more?!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Guest-16, 12 Jun 2006.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1875477.html

Im sorry, but to me that says "selfish". How can they afford to feed/clothe the kids they already have unless they have millions and can afford help from nannies and have a huge house. But really, 15 kids!? The must be a minimum level of attention kids need before they feel neglected. The older ones must act as parents for the younger ones which again is utterly unfair.
    The sad thing is she'll be dead by 50 from exhaustion, her body will just give out.

2. ajack

ajack rox

I'd call it Jeremy, then hope it talks in class.

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Someone needs to learn to use condom's. Seriously 2-3 is more than enough.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Amen to that.....i'd just shout "just stop F*cking!!!" at them.

5. Lynx

Lynx New Member

CanI just point out this is Ananova its is not the most reputable source of news a bit like the sun in that respect

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

True. But why lie about it?

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

If they are capable of caring for them, let them be. My in-laws have 14 kids, and they all turned out fine; dont forget that by the time youre hitting about 8, others are going to already have a job.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Much respect. 14! Wow.

All due respect to your in-laws, Roto, but it's something I'd have to see with my own eyes. I just cant visualise such large familys as being capable.

9. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

It's pretty rare to have a family that size. Here's another example from a couple in Arkansas. All jokes about Arkansas aside, they seem to be able to make it work well enough. I've seen one or two of the documentaries, and I can safely say that I do not want that many kids.

Of course, even though they (apparently) make it work, I often wonder how the kids will fare in the outside world, away from the rigid rules and schedules in which they grew up.

-monkey

10. Nexxo

Nexxo Stopped treating this country as if it was his own

It is possible, and not that unusual in the past. I have spoken to many people in the course of my work, some from very large families: some rich, some poor, some with extended family to help out, some not. Some grew up healthy and well-adjusted, some did not.

There are many variables which determine whether a large family works out or not. It is not necessarily a simple equation of "large family = bad".

11. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

I think Johnny would be appropriate.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know, Im just saying I actually cant imagine it. The largest I've seen is 5 and that was stressful to watch.

13. olly_lewis

olly_lewis New Member

ananova, eh? Karl Pilkingtons one stop for news thats full of holes, anyone listen to the ricky gervias podcast? You'll get it...

but god dam, would hate to be a kid in that family and is Ivo (the lucky dad) allergic to rubber or something?

14. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

my gran has a dog called PURDY. that made me smile.
    and yeah....selfish.ive got 3 brothers and sisters....does that make my parents selfish too? or just accident prone?

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

I have 5 siblings of my own ;)

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

15 kids is pretty excessive though. You'd need a serious ammount of income to provide for 15 kids, unless you're giving them less then you would if you had 5 kids. I can't help but feel it's unfair on the children, not to mention the world is overpopulated. In a world where 8/15 of those kids would be dead by age 10, I wouldn't mind so much, but in a world where they'll all live till 75 or 85 it's just silly.

17. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

My question is, how's the guy still managing to make things.... happen... she must be a windsock by now!

18. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

As long as they are taking care of all their kids, I see no problem with it.

19. speedfreek

speedfreek New Member

My friend's mom has 10 brothers and sisters (11 including her for the ones who dont like math) and they all turned out more well adjusted than most people I know. But they werent without use for all those kids, they put them to use on their farm. I cant see having 15+ kids for the hell of it, I dont think I could stand one of my own if it acted like I do. :D