1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft acquires Gameloft's India studio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Hahahaha!! Oh I can't wait. If it's like any of the other places that outsource, (including my place) they'll send out the specs, India will deliver the code *wrong*, Ubisoft will resend the specs, India will redeliver wrong, etc.

After about 6 iterations and triple the cost of the expected "savings" of outsourcing, Ubisoft will have their half-assed, poorly written, untested code. lol !

(I've done a huge amount of work with outsourcing to India and not once has it ever had a positive result. Sad, but true)

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

at least they can keep pumping out those extreme poor tom clancy games, then cut and run

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

"there can be only one!"

i wonder who will buy who in the end....

5. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Phone based games huh ?

I dont see the market. I see the millions of phones out there.. but I dont see people buying games for them. The vast majority of phones have poor screen resolutions, awkward controls (especially any new Sony Ericsson phone with buttons meant for midgets), poor access (ie. downloading takes ages and is seen to be expensive), plus there isn't an easy shop (like PC version of Steam). Most phones have different memory, OS, keyboard features and screens.

What a nightmare.

As for Ubisoft.. well Hmmm... Every PC port (thats all they do these days) recently has been a stonking disaster so they can quietly kiss my a** !

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I dont play mobile games, when should i do that then? if i go from home to work in my car its not going to happen, if i am on my work it is not going to happen, if i am driving back to home its not going to happen, if i am home it is not going to happen because i have a pc.

7. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

why dont these people cut the crap and make a portable games machine that can make phone calls/txt/pxt/video phone
    or make an adaptor for a freaking DS or PSP that does all of the above

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

its called an ngage....

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

and its rubbish

10. Adrir

Adrir Aspiring Game Developer

Mobile games are easy to write, but arn't really alot of fun. Especially when compared to PSP's and DS's which can get quite addictive. Usually, using straight forward Java or BREW, and sometimes C# if the target platoform is running Windows Embedded.

11. Netflow

Netflow What's a Dremel?

ANy word on what they paid?

Tags: Add Tags