1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Haze gets earlier release, new demo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This game looks seriously awesome, shame it's not coming to PC... :(

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Yeah, no PC version. Evidently they don't want my money. I'm happy to oblige.

Seriously, Sony, do you think we are idiots? We're not buying your console for a couple of exclusives when other developers deliver the goods. It's not worth it.

4. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Bowman... the simple conclusion is that you will miss out then! Doh!

There are several games coming and out already for the PS3 that you wont get on the PC. Its the same for the 360. Such is the way of life. Same vice versa for the PC too.

If you really want to play these games... then put your hand in your pocket and buy a console as well as your PC. Its nothing to do with Sony thinking you might be an idiot.... its you being tight or poor ! Either way... I dont care if its out on the 360, PC, or PS3. I'll happily buy the PS3 version if it scores well in the reviews and I like the look of it.

Console and PC wars are so boring. Just buy more than one machine to increase your games coverage. If you cant afford to, then don't complain for being poor ! Get a better job ! Im sure the other X million PS3 owners will still enjoy it despite your rant !

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

But surely that's the point of console exclusives...

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

How is this Sony's decision? Like Sony said, they don't pay for exclusivity, so your argument should be put towards Ubisoft, not Sony....

Secondly, "a couple of exclusives"? I'm not making a list and I'm lost on the "other developers deliver[ing] the goods" statement.....if you think Sony hasn't delivered on the goods for their games then you're the one who's the "idiot"...

7. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

In defense of the consoles where some games don't come to the PC either immediately or at all -- it's often down to what will give the most return financially for the amount of effort put in.

Developing for a console is, financially speaking, easier than a PC. With a console or even a couple consoles, you have a unified, common architecture with hardware and software all on the same level, so you only have to write code that works with that one unified system.

On a PC, you have so many variations of hardware and software and setups on different OS's that it simply takes far more time to accomodate them that the return value of profit to the time spent developing just isn't worth it. Not always, of course. But it certainly isn't (only) Sony's decision to make a game console exclusive. It's the developing company who knows how much it will cost to produce the game on a console vs the PC.

8. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Well that's a bit elitist. Surely a chunk of this forums population is younger then 18. Hell, I'm 21, but I can't afford a gaming rig, let alone a gaming rig and a next gen console. He wasn't particularly bitching about being poor. He was just indicating that a port would be nice and that exclusives just isolate a fan base. Sure if Sony is the brand making Haze then I get why it won't be on the 360/PC but in other cases it just hurts the ability to move a great title.

Not all of us can afford that shiny Porsche and what not. Even those of us with 'real' jobs. To say get a better job is just a bit snippy imho. Sure he response is a bit crass, but I don't particularly disagree. Two or three amazing titles does not justify a system, even if Blue-Ray did win the battle. PSP has proved that to me. (Jeanne D'arc / Crisis Core really need to be ported to PS2/PS3.)

Just... be a bit more considerate before you chop someone's balls off, aight? :thumb:

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

nicely put.

that being said, its still a shame this doesnt come to PC. FPS in console is just stupid IMHO. yes, that includes HALO rofl.

10. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

It's another example of a PC game being poached by the consoles. Kinda hacks me off really...but it doesn't make me want to buy a glorified blu-ray player.

11. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Any word on mouse-support?

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

QFT. I wish they'd put it out for PC, and I own a PS3! Oh well. I understand both sides of the argument. I'll have to give it a once-over off of PSN. It looks interesting regardless.

13. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

Maybe people can't buy a console cause they spent their money on a gaming rig. And I always love how people say "get a better job" as if it was easy. Theres a lot of circumstances that stop that from happening; qualifications, transport, location, etc. Saying something is easier then doing something. You should go back to your mansion and sit on your solid-gold toilet and think that maybe not everyone in the world has as much money as you do.

Anyway, back on topic, I own a decent PC and a PS2. There are a few games of X360 that would make me want to buy it, but so far the only game on PS3 that jumps out at me is Heavenly Sword. Not everyone can afford every console released.

14. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

For a long time there they were developing both the PC and PS3 versions simultaneously, though the impression you got was they weren't allowed to talk about the PC version yet. Sony then anounced it would only ever be for PS3 .. but I still have to wonder if they won't pull the old "oh we only ever meant only PS3 for consoles" somewhere down the lines, especially since PC Gamer UK keep putting out preview content for it (including a video on the disc with the issue out in the last few weeks), which wouldn't make much sense if the PC development had been completely canned ?

Tags: Add Tags