1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Age of Conan DX10 delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

It's a mmorpg, that means its a e-p**n competition, noone will wiat for the dx10 but get the normal one at launch simply to not give other players a advantage...

oh, and software selling out is a marketing tactic nothing more, software can be produced in any quanitiy.

3. Korvaz

Korvaz What's a Dremel?

Fair play to them. Anything that gives WoW a good run for its money is welcome. Perhaps they'll actually consider making the PvP in their game more.. Like a World at war.. ...Pff, what am i thinking? It won't earn them as much as their pathetic "eSport" farce.

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

And the funny thing is (because I'm playing it in the Early Access and retail) that there is a DX10 option in the game menu, selecting it DOES make a difference graphically so it would appear that something is going on there.

Joe; Also its not that the software sold out but the limited number of "slots" on the servers that ran out. They had an allocation of how many users there were going to accept to early access and they filled it up, though yes, their limited run of 110,000 Collectors editions has sold out and if some figures are to be believed the day one shipped quantity of pre-ordered games is going to total 700k.

As to the pre-order slots, their forum/billing system auto-magically creates a login for those who currently have early access the preliminary numbers would show around 25k IF the assumption that everyone with a forum login is in early access.

Korvaz; World PVP (which is in game, kill people any time anywhere) is NOT as fun as it sounds. In fact I've rolled on a different (PvE) server because its FFA so basically a giant death match.
    You just get ganked at zone loading, ganked at the re-spawn points as there is no spawn protection, ganked while questing and getting down to below half health, and just ganked because people want to kill the mob you are hunting for them selves and cant be bothered to wait for a re-spawn.

PvE on the other hand still has PvP but it is limited to WoW style "Arenas" as well as the Border Kingdoms which is an area set aside for guilds to build castles and keeps and due to the limited number of spaces available for these castles, sieges will happen frequently to try and take what other people have and should be quite a large part of the end game.

Last edited: 20 May 2008
  5. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

But of course none of this can be true because nobody buys games on the PC now. They either steal them or buy an XBox360/PS3. :worried:

6. Korvaz

Korvaz What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting for Warhammer for my PvP, BioSniper. If it's any good, I'll stay on board.. I'm not judging the game by its beta, because if i did that for WoW.. Well.. Let's say there were fundamental changes made.

7. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

Incidentally, the game still looks incredible, even considering it's an MMO.

The PvP realms do need a little work. Spawn protection will get thrown in within the month, I think, and the penalties they impose for ganking people too far below you will likely also get tweaked. On the first few days it was really terrible but now people aren't pulling the random murder of people too far below you thing as much.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

9. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Wonder if this will be something downloadable to people who own it, I'm going to try to buy it today hopefully I can find it somewhere.

10. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

dissapointed yes, but its something else to look forward to

Tags: Add Tags