1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Red team has advantage in multiplayer gaming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. FooTemps

FooTemps What's a Dremel?

Red always defends cp maps in tf2. Therefore red loses more often than you think!

3. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

8% of men are red/green colourblind. On an outdoor map in a game, I have a lot of difficulty spotting a red player on a green background. When playing rugby (in real life, omg!!), I'm less likely to notice a red player than one in a different colour. I always try to get onto the red team in games like UT, because it makes it much easier to see people to actually shoot them (blue is a really obvious colour to me).

The results of this study (rather than their conclusion) seem fair enough to me.

4. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

"The boffins of Copenhagen have ventured forth a reason for this, stating that "the color red may act as a psychological distractor for men, possibly because men flush and turn red when they're angry."" WHAT???

the direct conclusion of this research is painfully obvious, people like tomatoes and therefor don`t want to squash red things.

.....an obvious psychological distractor.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You know that old-ish theory "It's red - It goes faster!"

Must be some truth behind it :B

However, give me blue any day. Blue is awesome.

6. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Blue sticks out more on a lot of maps, whereas red blends more into the surroundings.
    Another good reason for Brightskins.

/me runs

7. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

No, it does to some people. I bet that you and I are the only people in this thread that think blue is a brighter colour than red. To everyone else, they appear about the same.

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Good news for me. I've always avoided the red team. I hate being on the winning team.

9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

did you know that muh research demonstrates that red activates the hunger reflex amongst humans, it's thought to be because of the value of obtaining and eating raw meat as a survival mechanism in earlier man. This is why big fast food companies generally incoperate as much red as possible into their logos....Mcdonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut.... just another tit bit.

10. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Well truthfully I was thinking of UT99 mostly, but I think the same holds true for UT2k4. Perhaps you're right in your assesment, that it seems equal to most, but at least in my case, I've had my eyes/colour sight tested more than once and it was found to be perfect. :)
    In UT3 blue to me seems easier to spot, but I suppose this is not the point of the article at all, so I'll just quiet down ;)

11. iggy

iggy Minimodder

RED WUNZ GO FASTA!

12. DannyDirect

DannyDirect What's a Dremel?

LMFAO, that is some funny ****!

13. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

I'd like to see a CoD4 version of this: do Marines consistently beat out OpFor and SAS the Russians?

I fear, though I have little evidence, that this might be a function of another, more insidious problem: teamstacking.

14. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I believe that I've always prefered being on the red team in multiplayer games, from UT to TF(2) to UT3. I prefer Terrorist in CS, simply because the scoreboard displays those names in red. Even when I used to play Delta Force: Land Warrior and Task Force Dagger, where there were red and blue teams but no indicator on players ingame (teammates names were always shown in green) I still prefered the red team.
    My username is usually .smoothie though, and I prefer strawberry flavored smoothies to blueberry/raspberry flavored. My name is more appealing when displayed in red, I guess. Even before my username was smoothie, I enjoyed playing on the red team.
    I believe that, since red is a color of urgency and passion, it gets you pumped to complete your mission.

15. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

In smaller games where sound and stealth is a factor, yes SAS and Marines do indeed have the upper hand

try a 2v2 Sniper match on crossfire, the marines are hard to spot while the opfor has the "red flag 'SHOOT ME NOW!' beret" to quote one of my friends.

16. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

In CoD4.. The red team is always MY team.

17. koola

koola Minimodder

Luckily I'm only on the red team 50% of the time in BF:BC as the server rotates the player. Kills my KDR though :/

18. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Aimbot much? :hehe:

(joking, of course)

19. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

I noticed that in TF2 and CSS blue ppl tend to camouflage better in shadows and with stone making it harder to notice them, red also is the most noticed color to our eye's, I think it has something to do with red being an aggressive color.

20. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

surely if this were true then ginger people would win at life?

Tags: Add Tags