1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft: We never cancel games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

now we all should wait for MS to announce Duke Nukem Forever :lol:

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

how about the next Panzer Dragoon game...

4. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

That'd be an impressive claim if companies were forced to annouce what they were working on....

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

True, but at least if they cancel a game they haven;t annouced, it's no skin off our nose. At least we won't know about it, unlike a game that has been announced and is then subsequently cancelled.

6. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Ms are sounding mroe and more childiish and desperate as the 360 was once again outsold in the US by the PS3, and even more world wide. Why do they act like 4 year olds? sad.

7. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Childish?

4 Year olds?

Eh?! They're just promising their customers that they will never announce a game only to have it subsequently cancelled.

I don't see what's childish about that. It's quite good of them, if they can keep the promise.

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

The only reason it probably is outsold is because its a cheaper blue ray player with a buildin gameconsole.

9. Timmy_the_tortoise

Aye, I've got a mate who only uses his PS3 for Blu-Rays.. I've never seen him play a PS3 game.

10. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Yes, but it is no coincidence that this flurry of anti-sony speak is coming at a time when the PS3 is turning the tide.

They can get back to me when they make a console that isn't a fire hazard.

11. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

The 360 already has a strong user base. PS3 does not. Also the money is actually made by the software sales. In that regard MS is KILLING Sony.

12. rollo

rollo Modder

treedude neither ms or sony need the money lol

MS lost 1billion in the last year in fines alone, And another £1billion fixing the 360

sony probably lost the same amount in diffrent places.

id love to see profit predictions for both companys from just the 360 and ps3

id be amased if either is in profit

13. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

True Fantasy Online called, they want their release back.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You're saying they don't need the money? And then you say that they paid billions in fines?

You either have a very poor grasp of English or you're an idiot.

15. Lepermessiah

Point? Yeah, and soon the PS3 will have a larger install base, it has outsold the 360 everywhere in the same time frame, and even in its own country, no matter how you spin it, the 360 will be third again this gen, they predict by 09, the PS3 will be past the 360. Easy to get a larger install base when you have a year start, that is the only thing MS had going for them. Despite being more expensive, and having competition (360 had none its first year), it has outsold it.

360 fanboys are a sad lot, first they were bragging how the 360 was doing so well, now the PS3 is turniong the tide, they fall back on the software sales excuse, the only reason that is the case for NOW, is the year head start, that will also change as Sony surpasses MS and the red ring of death console.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2008
  16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Maybe MS can say they never cancel a game because they cut out a few too many games which could be classics, and just look a bit sketchy to start with. Maybe Sony say yes, then pull a game which doesn't quite cut the mustard later on.

Either way this gay "I'm better than you, nanana" attitude from MS will do them no favours.

17. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

I love how quickly this thread degenerated into squabbling fanboys bitching about which system is better, when it is obvious that both systems are equally inferior to PCs.

In all seriousness, it is about content, of which the PS3 has very little that is original or exclusive. (unless you count blu-ray movies)

Now, as this regards to the actual article, this doesn't really indicate that they will produce better games, it just indicates that they won't ever back down. Why they would make a promise like this I don't know... if a game dies stillborn why waste time and money shipping it and dealing with customer complaints?

18. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

<Looks at how the thread has turned>

Oh no, not again.

19. Timmy_the_tortoise

I get annoyed at fanboys shouting their ill-informed crap at each other as much as anyone, but why is it that bad for a console to have a fanbase? Would you stop a communist from debating economics with a capitalist? The debate is just as futile, since both parties are so adamant that they are correct.

I'm annoyed with fanboys, but I'm also annoyed with anti-fanboys. Shut the **** up and ignore it.

20. Lepermessiah

That is your opinion, the people buying more PS3's then 360's disagree. The Ps3 lineup this year looks much stronger then the 360.

Tags: Add Tags