1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Miyamoto: "Wii Music is better than a game"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I could have a bash at making a melody using my PC 10 years ago..

And over 100 years ago I could have a bash at making a melody using these magical things called musical instruments...

You're not going to get more people playing (real) drums because of this game.. You are more likely to get more people playing this game as a (relatively) cheaper alternative to playing real drums.

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

with you on this timmy. miyamoto seems to have lost it a bit on the pitch. overhyped, i think it is. it's got potential. dance e-jay was great fun, but the problem i found is that once i'd made a track i never wanted to listen to it, just enjoyed making it. i think the game should have the option to upload/download to the wii channels so we can hear other contributions.

4. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Yes, you should definitely be able to record what you play and send it to friends and things..

5. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Sounds like fun! When my band wrote songs, we did not listen to them, we got enjoyment from others listening to them. Release date?

6. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Miyamoto is soooo right! You know why? Cause he's better than a game designer! He's a crazy aging Japanese man who knows how to make lame games for Japanese audiences! Hooray for him!

7. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

Record guitar sales and lessons after guitar hero came out, I like the real things myself but there's no denying that this sort of thing, especially if its popular, will attract many musicians.

8. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

There's a lot of Wii hate in these forums, I've no idea why?

Regarding Wii Music. I play and practice guitar and keyboard. I mix and compose using Cubase & Ableton Live. I'll probably pick up Wii Music for shits and giggles. I adore Guitar Hero III, so if they can make Wii music just as addictive and fun, they'll be onto a winner! :)

Tags: Add Tags