1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News C&C Tiberium not due until 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Thank goodness for that - if EA pushed it back for extra dev time then it's really nowhere near finishing. :p

Hopefully it'll be worth playing, although I'm not convinced after Renegade tbh.

3. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

... In contrast to Tom Clancy games which are moving into RTS?

A link?

4. Romirez

Romirez What's a Dremel?

After renegade, it'd take a damn good demo to get me even vaguely interested in a C&C shooter. They have quite a job ahead to convince their main audience that they can get it right this time.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

EndWar

Renegade wasn't great, hopefully this will be good. what i really want to see is Republic Commando styled gameplay, hopefully this will be it

6. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

haha.. I think you misunderstood my post.. :p

I meant that both franchises were crossing into each other's domain...

Before, Tom Clancy = Squad shooters, and C&C = RTS.. But now they both seem to be tackling each other's area.. I just thought there might be a link between the two..

7. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

son of a bitch, that is all. I thought Renegade had a great gameplay design, making for a really fun game, first online game I played actually.

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Renegade was a brilliant game, a little annoying, but that's to be expected, but it had some good one liners.."I hope theres no conflict of interest?"...."Conflict of interest? haha, i have interest, in conflict" great one.
    I am eagerly awaiting this game, like all other C&C titles i eargerly await, and with EA's background into FPS (BF series) i think they should be able to pull it off a-ok.

Sam

9. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

It's seems like a good setting for a FPS, so as long as it's not rushed or poorly designed (which this bodes well for...)

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Renegade was a great game single player and multi. Cant wait for the next :)

11. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I wanted to like Renegade so much, I really did. In the end, all it could get from me was a, "Meh." It seems all the games I buy on launch day after having had them pre-ordered for months let me down. :hehe: :(

I hope this one turns out better - and if they've put it back that much, either there are some serious, serious problems with it or the dev team, or EA have decided to move away from their 'rush launch, patch later' mentality.

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I hope this will be a lot better then Renegade too...

13. Deadwolf

Deadwolf What's a Dremel?

Renegade has the best multiplayer objectives and game play, Destroy the enemy base and protect yours, and play with tanks, orchas, choppers, bikes and apcs all at the same time..

I am glad they holding off on this game, EA already messed up the C&C series enough, perhaps they will put some good gameplay back into the level designs, and not just work on the graphics.

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i also love renegade, it is good and functional and in several ways very fun!

15. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

renegade online was the possibly the most fun i had playing a shooter / be in a tank hybrid. lurrrrved the whole way it was thought out with engineers and that sort of thing, very deep game. its just a shame the engine wasn't brilliant, point farming was too easy and they so quickly dropped it. it had a very good community too!

Tags: Add Tags