1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 Flex II 4GB Series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 31 Jul 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Very cool RAM. Sucks about the restrictive manifolds though. Simple solution is running a seperate lower spec pump for the RAM. OR a seperate loop all together.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

fare! how does it _fare_!
    yeah this is the poncey equivalent of your and you're.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Alright, keep your knickers on.

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

you only have to ask and they'll be off again ;)

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

shame it doesn't allow 4 sticks...... why can't OCZ use a ultra high heatsink instead of going fatter and fatter

7. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Looks good to me! One would assume that if you're going to get these RAM sticks then you'd already be watercooling the rest of your rig and therefore would have a pre-existing loop (or will be getting these as part of a larger loop) which would mean you'd have a better and more capable pump than that TINY little bay thing...

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes, very true, however like I said you'd have to use a Y piece of manifold and keep the rest of the system separate otherwise it'll just kill the flow.

9. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

that pump and rad seems fairly uselss to me, for me, its only feasible use would be to cool the overheated 680i northbridge on my mobo, but then i've not even got my cpu overclocked anymore as the mobo kicked up such a fuss and solely cooling ones northbridge with w/c is tres overkill!

I have always been dubious of those massive sinks on ram, i had questionned its necessity but atleast those temps are more agreeable than the standard that are fitted on the crucial.

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I must admit that I am tempted...

My reapers look good (and perform superbly), but these look better (and perform better as well).

11. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

I want to see a pair of these plugged into the Maximus II - they look like they have very similar heatsink fin designs...

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Damn, don't you guys have a Eheim pump laying around somewhere? You got all that crap everywhere in the office but not a pump and a good rad. Come on! lets test this again with water in it...

13. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

Aqua-Pcs is in "DA" house too ;)

Just as a quick point I would like to make about the pump used in the review is that this was unfortunately faulty - these things happen and XSPC assure me the problem was identified quickly and resolved. As the pump sent to Bit-Tech was a review item this one slipped under the radar :(

In our defense we must state that the kit was sat @ Bit-Tech HQ for what must be getting on a good “few weeksâ€￾ now and if it was tested / setup more then 1 day prior to the review we would have easily been able to send over a replacement for you.

As an idea of what it can handle we are running the pump with and XSPC radiator, D-tek fusion V2, DD 8800gtx, and of course the Flex II Memory (which is great btw) off the same 200 Bay pump on our test bench – feel free to come check it out for your self as it will be on our stand at the M-Festival

And yes we would be happy to replace the pump so you can give it another go ;)

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hi mate, unfortunately we came to test the watercooling about 4pm last night :( We did say it's clearly faulty, but unfortunately there was no time for a replacement. We'll be happy to test a replacement and try it again with the BFG review and add an addendum ;):)

My email is on the about page - let me know! :)

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I was going to get these but by the time I had money no one had it in stock and some said it was discountinued so I was like WTF so I got GSkill DDR2-1150 4gb kit instead and well I am very happy with it :)

16. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

hmm. since these take up 2 dimm slots each, it ends up being a question of fast ram vs. more ram.

i'd rather have 8 gigs of much cheaper ram than 4 gigs of expensive, slightly faster ram.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well tbh 8GBs of "cheaper" ram is still going to cost you as much as 4GBs of this stuff, and we've shown before you don't really need 8GB unless you have a specific requirement in the work you do. Filling four slots can sometimes be temperamental for motherboards and BIOS' too - you won't reach these speeds with four DIMMs that's for sure.

18. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Along with the above comment, I would prefer to have 8GB of RAM, or the option of 8GB rather than have to tie myself down so much with these. Still, they do look rather good and I am sure that in a lot of circumstances will be used extremely effectively.

Minor point - there is rather an attack of the apostrophes on the last page!

19. Neuromancer

Neuromancer What's a Dremel?

Recently got a kit of this for very cheap.

Bought as an intended WC purchase.

but it just doesnt matter. I am running a p5Q deluxe just liek the reviewer and at 2.08 vdimm am getting 1200mhz 5-5-5-18. All on auto (except on vdimm as mentioned)

I dont know what the reviewers were doing wrong. I got googled her looking for cas 4 timings.. I have read 4 cas was only good till 960 on these sticks, (which is diheartening) I just sold 4x1GB of gskill hz that will do 4 cas at 1000mhz... (at more volts they are microns after all and doomed to failure cuz of it) for twice what i paid for these sticks though :) so i guess all in all im happy. the lack of getting 8GB in a system sucks but having a couple of uber quiet low speed 120's in the side panel keeps these sticks cool enough to run faster then anything but ddr3. (although with looser timings the nthe higher voltage microns, which actually... micron made 667 chips until a year ago and then started making 800mhz chips, they stil dont make 1200 mhz chips ;) so when you consider the enormous fail rate of ballistix lets say... and compare it to the fail rate of these (promos? I think ??) Odds are more likely your micron will fail before my 1200mhz ICs will :)

20. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I have this stuff and I'm quite indifferant about it. I had to RMA the first set I had as it was foobar'd (not supprising considering how hard it must be to get good enough silicon for this). I kinda wish I'd just got a decent 8gb set of corsair.

Tags: Add Tags