1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech.net Forums

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackel, 8 Sep 2002.

1. Jackel

Jackel Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

Last edited: 6 Jun 2004
  2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Mashie is from sweden i think. Sweden is very advanced with telephone technology. Make britain look like cave man :)

3. Jackel

4. Jackel

5. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Well i live in Finland which is right next to Sweden... we got it about the same... yeah the communications networks are pretty good though it really depends which part of the country you live in... yeah we use 240V power...

6. Jaz

Jaz Banned

hahhahaa Wales Beat Finland, wooooooooohoooooo.

sorry. you played very well but Wales is on a comeback tour and can't be beaten, till Italy???

:D

7. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

That's ok, as I didn't even watch the game... Heard that there were quite a few bar fights after that one... the thing is that Finland ain't that big in football whereas the UK worships football... someone always loses:D

8. Jackel

9. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

i have next to no experience on sweden... only been there three times in my life, but i would assume that they use similar communications and power...
    well the highest adsl speed they adverstise here is 1024k/sec... though you can most likely it get faster than that... it'll cost you though... for example 256k/sec adsl is about 50 bucks a month, and 512k ADSL is about 60 bucks a month and 1024k/sec was more like 100 bucks a month last time i checked... At assembly which is our Biggest lan we have 1 gig/sec internet, and my dad also had that class of connection at his workplace... it really depends on where you're planning on moving and how much money you are willing to pay... do you speak Swedish at all? i do, for i go to a Swedish speaking school... it'll definitely be a pain in the arse to learn the language if you don't know anything about it. as for the electric plugs... we at least have a plug with two round thingies on it, and the ground is on the side of the plug. you'd do better to see it for yourself as i can't describe it worth a toss. anyway i'd say it's better than some i've seen for example the ones in canada which bend and sometimes just fall right out, other times they get stuck in really hard... have you been to sweden? why do you wanna go there? not that it's any of my business... and if you haven't been there, you should go travel around for a while and see for yourself... if you're using the same voltage as sweden, you can just get an adapter so the power plugs fit. that is if you use different plugs in england or wherever you currently live... pc power supplies generally are swithchable between 240 and 110, and you can just get a new power cable for 2 bucks regardless of where you live... some monitors also work at both voltages. i don't really see the point in satellite internet unless you're planning on surfing at the cabin, or living in the middle of nowhere, but yes i did see a tv show about it a few years ago and i believe it should be available for an extortionate price(no doubt)... there was one system they were showing with which you used a cell phone to request the data, and then recieved it with a miniature satellite dish as you generally don't send that much stuff out.

10. Jackel

11. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

you CAN get along without speaking any swedish as most swedes speak english quite well but if you go round speaking only english you will remain an outsider... so you'll have to learn the language...ÄÖÅ

12. mashie

mashie The one and only

Well what can I say about Sweden... the amount of beautiful women over there makes me wonder why I moved to UK sometimes ;)

As for power, it is identical to UK except that the power plugs only has two pins, ground is on the edge.

The televison standard is _almost_ identical, some cheap TVs will loose the sound when moved to Sweden due to different encoding of the audio.

Regarding internet access, Sweden has the highest percentage of homes with broadband access in the world. Depending on which provider the block has choosen you can get Cablemodem, ADSL or 10MBit ethernet. The 10MBit is by far the best and actually quite common.

Other issues you probably don't think about is that the living standard is an order of magnitude higher in Sweden compared to UK. What is regarded as normal here in UK you can't even find if you are looking for it in Sweden. High UK standard is the normal standard and so on. Separate water taps for hot and cold became history in 1950. Nothing is less then double glazing, tripple is most common. Power showers doesn't exist either. The water preassure kicks some major ass. Rental costs are about a third of UK. You don't have anything powered by gas, electricity only which is half price compared to UK.

Hmm, how come I moved away to start with... Well, the reason I selected to live in UK was mainly two things, salary and tax levels: Almost double salary and half the tax :D

You will get away with only speaking english for quite some time but you should consider learning the most difficult language in the world in the end...

13. Jackel

14. mashie

mashie The one and only

If you are a UK resident, all you need is a Passport to move anywhere inside EU. No visas.

As for the weather, the nothern part is much colder in the winter.

The temperature range in central Sweden is normally from -15C to +25C over the year. Some days it can be some more.

I moved in April 2000.

As for the price of internet, it is similar to UK.

15. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

well, i lived in Linkoping years and years ago.. only for about a year though.. never really learned the language.. just the basics, yes, no, thanks, no thanks, how are you, etc, stuff like that.. but for some odd reason i remember how to say cheese and sheep.. dont ask, i dont know.. :p

-scoob8000
    :rock:

16. POMPE

POMPE New Member

moving to sweden

ok i live in sweden and if u plan on moving here chose the southern parts of the country. Gotenburg (Göteborg) is a great city to live in, or if u like dense forest areas instead u can chose to live in the county of småland.

one bad thing about sweden is that the beer is quite expensive in the pub. and it can also be quite hard to get something other than lager to drink

17. Jackel

18. POMPE

POMPE New Member

well as long as u live in a city in sweden internet should not be a problem we have adsl almost everywhere

it is hard to say how sweden his when i dont know what u r want to know, interests and such. like do u plan on buying a house or rent a apartment what kind of job do u want.

but the best thing about sweden is the nature and the women both r easy to come by all over sweden

19. Jackel

20. POMPE

POMPE New Member

hmm how much.... i can give u the price in euro cause i cant remember how much the pound costs

well a adsl connection is around 150 euro to open it up and for that u get the adsl modem to sometimes they have special offers where u dont have to pay the initial 150 euro also f u have a adsl modem u only have to pay 50 and after that it is around 30 to 35 euro a month. my ips gives me 0.5 Mbit but there is a some others that give u 2 Mbit for the same price (will change soon)

and about the swedish nature ,it is wonderfull in sweden u also have the right to camp hike and do almost whatever u like everywhere in sweden the only exeption is privete gardens and military training fields. also there is no such things as "private beaches" or "private forest areas" all of the swedish nature is open for everyone from the high mountains up north to the great plains in the south

me myself i live in a town called jönköping if u look at a swedish map there is 2 great lakes in sweden vänern and vättern i live by the southern end of vättern

feel fre to come visit sweden some time u will love it also if u r more curious about sweden maybe this link can help u out

http://www.visit-sweden.com/