1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Final Fantasy IV DS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Sep 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/09/08/final-fantasy-iv-ds/1

Square Enix has remade Final Fantasy IV, one of the most beloved games in the long-running series, on the Nintendo DS. With new 3D graphics, restored and original sequences and a whole load of new content, we take a look to see if the new game is any better or not.

:)

2. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

I lol'd when i saw the name of the main character was Cecil... though that happened when i was on the bus, so I got weird looks. It's an alright game though, better than some of the other Final Fantasy games on the DS *Glares at Revenant Wings*

3. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

shame we're not getting any FF7 PS3 love.

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

I don't get the Job system, as I jumped into the franchise at 7 (by far the best and most different from the others) and its slight appearance in 9 was annoying, and in 3 for the DS it was full on s***. I understand how it works and all but who the hell wants to be a Scholar and smack someone with a book? Full on stupid. For me these pre-7 games should be left alone, the rest of the series is ten times better than the Nintendo final fantasys

5. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

meh... I tried playing japanese RPGs many times, and the only ones that held my attention to the end were Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG. I normally get bored with the story, the combat, or a combination of that. I much prefer D&D style RPG rules (Baldur's gate I/II, KOTOR, etc) but there's really no concrete reason why. Either system works, but the D&D rules seem to involve the player more, not to mention being much more transparent in how they calculate attacks. In the end, its another imports vs domestics battle, but this time, I'm siding with the domestics...

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I actually believe that these types of turn based games are popular because they don;'t require much skill, just how to deal the most damage and recieve the least damage (ie stack bigger weapons and stock bigger armour) because it's so simple anyone can play it. and for the same reason, because it's only really mildly challenging (grinding against enemies who you can **** a hundred times over) it becomes addictive because you can see your level rise easily.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Not difficult? I dare you to say that to my girlfriend - she's been struggling with the Mist Dragon all weekend!

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Sadly I have never played the Final Fantasy series on the Playstation platform (I may have to pick one up and try it out) but I did play it on GameBoy Advanced and I must say Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is one of the BEST games I own.

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

octomammoth looks like my boss.

I really don't get the FF crowd and games.... Any game where you can find the first area with spawning monsters and simply level by fighting again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...... and again.

And do this at every new point of new monsters that give good exp seems so utterly skill-less to me.

The only game my ignorance could appreciate and fall in love with was FF Tactics for the PS1. Ahh, Chess with wizards and dragons.

D&D anyone?

10. Ultimate RPG Gamer

Ultimate RPG Gamer What's a Dremel?

Final fantasy has probably seen more change of any remade video games of its time the likes of which include chrono trigger and Breath of fire II graphics wise. the biggest difference ive seen between these games is that unlike their Snes originals you dont have to worry about the data being erased if you don't play for a month and maybe the enemies have different names in certain games. Other then that these remakes stay true to the original story.

Tags: Add Tags