1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News id: Rage being held back by Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Enter flame war, stage left!

Eh, so long as it doesn't become vapourware, then all should be good.

3. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

iD should have never started coding for inferior platforms, then they wouldnt have these problems.

Only the preternatural genius of Carmack and his desire for gaming excellence will save this game.

S*D

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

why don't id do then same as EA did with burnout paradise on the 360.... just make a hard disc mandortory in order to play the game

simple really and those that don't have a 360 HDD, most likely don't play alot of hard core games anyway

5. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

FLAMING TIME
    being an owner of both the 360 and ps3 why dont micro$oft just include something like HD-DVD as a gaming format. That would surely bring it back.

6. liratheal

Way too late for that now. They won't include a higher capacity disk drive at this point of the consoles life - It's not as simple to deal with as not including a hard drive, and would alienate every single 360 owner to date - Even MS are not that stupid.

I expect there will be something better for the next Xbox, could well be Blu-ray, given that it's pretty much the only viable high-capacity disk at the moment.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

make hard drives mandatory, problem solved.

edit: and microsoft should release a DIY kit for any user to fit a custom hard drive.

8. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Another solution to this problem would be to make the game more than two discs on the 360 and just charge the owners more for that version of the game. They paid less for the console, so they should be able to afford a bit more for each game to make up for the fact that Microsoft wasn't being particularly forward-thinking when designing the 360. Why punish others?

9. liratheal

Charging more based on which console it's on is a super-stupid move. They'd earn more hate from the users than for just delaying it.

Not to mention that cheaper consoles are often bought by people with less money. Trying to screw them because Microsoft screwed up does NOT make good business sense, it's more likely to get you shot than Microsoft.

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

actuall production cost of games in so minimal anyway it wouldnt matter of the £40 you pay for a game at most like £3 most only go to making the actual disc and case you take home. with blu ray being so new it cant be the same price to produce a dvd. dvds have to be far cheaper to make i cant see it being fair to charge more

it was a huge slip by MS to still be using DVD's

11. smilinrat

smilinrat What's a Dremel?

I'd prefer that they only gimped the 360 version. Leave it as is for my beloved PC.

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Just strip down the x360 version and show all the glory on the pc version, that will teach console morons for leaving the PC as the ultimate game platform. Yes I really hate "PC wannabe" consoles, except the Atari's of the good old days...

13. paulwebber

paulwebber What's a Dremel?

to add to your point people buy the cheaper console because they cant afford the more expensive ones!! no they do not have more money left over for the games!! they dont have the same amount of money to start with!!!

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Because add-ons have failed int he past and i dont think ms could even make it work. For example the Mega CD, 32X and Jaguar CD.

15. esdubu

esdubu What's a Dremel?

Last time i checked PC games don't come on bluray discs or supermegahyperdef discs, they come on dvd's. The exact same kind of dvd's that 360 games come on. So i don't get where the problem is with the 360. Sure storage of the game on a PC is easy no matter how big it is but you've still got to get it home from the shop, unless they've decided that now all id games will come preinstalled on a hard drive.

16. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

17. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

This bothers me, why do Pc and PS3 suffer because of 360? This is why PC gamers despise console ports. Pc goes on Hard Drives, so space is never an issue for Pc to guy above.

18. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Hmm, I'm not sure what I make of this. Cutting down is a problem for any game, but it fills two DVDs? How huge is this game going to be? I'm worried I'm going to need a new hard drive just to install this thing! And that's with JC's legendary compression technologies. You never know, maybe a bit of trimming will improve game play.

19. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

I am anti console and proud of it, they represent the lowest common denominator, and they way they operate trying to force exclusives so a large portion of gamers do not get to enjoy games or DLC (GTA 4), and how it is all about marketing and hype. Consoles suck and i don't care who disagrees. They hold Pc gaming back as devs port games over with no improvements, when the Pc could easily have them.

20. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

woulda thought ID could force M$ to allow installation on the 360 .. if they dont then disc swapping shenanigans will force me to the ps3 or PC for these games.

Tags: Add Tags