1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News YouTube to start selling games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 9 Oct 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

The music video implementation is a great idea in principle! I say in principle because I don't use iTunes and never will, much preferring to buy the CHEAPER full hard copy album through cdwow or play.com)

3. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

To be honest, I don't think the combination of YouTube and games will work, Google selling games is great, but not through YouTube in my oppinion. YouTube is too spesific of a website.

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

I'm like you, but it looks like we're in the minority, given the vast number of tracks now being sold through ITMS. If it links to your Amazon one-click and ITMS accounts, then it could be a huge driver of impulse track and game purchases. Think of the other possibilities - it could link new movie trailers to local listings and the bookings pages of your nearest cinemas (Google already does listings so it wouldn't be a huge step) and old movie/TV clips and trailers to their listings on Amazon or Play.

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Ug itunes. Go DRM infested music! Honestly, if it were linking to DRM free flac or 320kbps mp3 of music on youtube, I would buy them. Their loss =/

6. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

why, if you look for fifa 09 as the example given you are watching an ad of the game, if you like it you have a button to buy it from amazon i think its smart

7. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Never ever itunes.. I don't have a mac, so I can live without it.

Tags: Add Tags