1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Thermaltake v14 Pro

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/10/10/thermaltake-v14-pro/1

Thermaltake's latest CPU cooler is so hot off the production line you can't even buy it yet, and it's stacked to the nines with over 1.5m of copper heatpipe and two monster arrays of copper cooling fins - but how does it compare when faced with the toasty bit-tech testing system? Read on to find out.

:rolleyes:

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

It's a shame for all the used copper, no wonder the coper price is sky high!

3. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I think enthusiasts will know to stick with the tried and true leaders of CPU cooling when faced when faced with a choice of coolers. I was never convinced by the fanned-out design of the V1, either; it's fundamentally an ineffective arrangement no matter how big it is.

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Enthusiasts would go with water cooling.

I never really liked the first version and I can't say much more about this one. I remember the days when Thermaltake used to be the pioneers of cases, cooling and power. It is quite saddening to see how far they have fallen. ATM the only Thermaltake products I would consider buying are a couple of their cases and maybe a PSU. AS for cooling, once you go water you will never turn back lol.

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Thermaltake really are the £Pound Stretcher of the cooling when it comes to quality!

Last edited: 10 Oct 2008
  6. Queelis

Queelis What's a Dremel?

Sorry to be a spelling whore, but you guys are making the same mistakes as every one on the internet, and you should really work those out to be taken seriously (e.g. the classical 'you're' instead of 'your').

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Where's this? :)

8. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Atleast explain it properly whats wrong if you allready want to play Grammarpolice, english is not the first language of everyone and last time I checked Bit-tech did not require British Citizenship to join. Just saying it's wrong wont get rid of it, the key is to educate, not rant.

Another low quality product by thermaltake? just why am I not surprised by that? they seriously should have sticked with producing chieftec 601 ripoffs as those where the only good Thermaltake product.

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Any chance yall'l include the stock hs&fan next time?

10. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

"if you’re looking for true silent performance, then you’re first and only stop should be the Noctua NH-U12P"

And Queelis, "you guys are making the same mistakes as every one on the internet" - it's "everyone" - one word.

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Okay no more grammar crap in the review comments.

Tim, taking a second glance at the cooler's base, are fastening brackets and their push-through pins from other Thermaltake products or those of competitors interchangeable? I wholeheartedly understand the frustration of installing massive coolers (especially those on the 775 twist-fasteners), but can it be subverted with a different piece?

Looks like my rhetoric had flown completely over your head.

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Due to the differences in cooler design and shape, not to mention the differnt fixing points for mount brackets, I'd have to say no. It'd be awesome if it was the case though.

13. alen

alen What's a Dremel?

Ya it is true that latest cpu are so hot.
    alen

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

a enthusiast will go for a true cooler, not a second-grade cooler.

(puns intended)

Tags: Add Tags