1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Drakensang Interview: From Fable to Fallout

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Drakensang looks very cool. I loved Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Fable and am really looking forward to seeing more of this.

As always fantastic work guys. A brilliant interview.

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

This game is only game to interest me since i stoped playing games 6 months ago, and i only just heard about it

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Will you guys be reviewing this when it comes out? I haven't heard of this before I don't think but my interest is certainly piqued now...

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I take it there is no release date set for the UK yet?

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

No release date that I've been able to narrow down, and yes we do plan to review it when it is released in the UK.

7. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Yeah I have never heard of it either but I am very interested now that I have.

8. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

Very cool interview - those guys certainly seem to have a good grasp on reality. Definately agree with what they say about alot of the "sandbox" rpg's - i am a bit of a completionist with rpg style games and after spending hours in games like mass effect and oblivion exploring every planet/crypt it does get very repetetive.
    Think i'd probably get along quite well with a return to the linear "interactive story" type games. As with everyone else, not seen or heard of this game before, but will definately keep an eye out from now on based on the strength of this interview.

9. Florian

Florian Minimodder

Drakensang was a disappointment to me. Closed-off areas put a damper on exploration. You're still required to grind levels (just playing through the story isn't enough). You can inadvertently end up in areas you're not powerful to beat without a chance to leave (besides re-loading an earlier save). There's no guidance for character advancement for those unfamiliar with the Dark Eye system. And finally, you'll often spend hours upon hours fighting your way through waves upon waves of identical enemies.

On the upside, the narrative is good, but it wasn't good enough to gloss over the frustrations.

10. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

spelling error aside, that's a show stopper turn-ed based is turned based. It was a show stopper for me in NWN, and i believe it will be the same, the only game that i've seen this work out in is FFXII, where only actions where fixed or limited based on the characters speed, unlike nwn you had x amount of time to do something or nothing at all, and your opponent had the same, that's turn-based play w/o dialog boxes i'm afraid. I loved Diablo, and Baulder's gate even more especially the DA ones :shame it went up in smoke:, FF with the exception of X and X-2 inclusive won't go near the thing due to the precedent.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2008
Tags: Add Tags