1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fallout 3 looks worst on PS3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

..........................just waiting for fanboy comments

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

surprised? a little.

Happy? Hell yes. Pc forever <3

4. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

title seems abit of an exageration

i heard that porting pc to 360 or vise versa is pretty simple, guess its just harder to port pc/360 to PS3.

360 game sales are generally higher anyway, i would say its fair to say this was taken into account in alotting time to porting

5. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Seems odd - the graphical horsepower of the PS3 should be sufficient at least to keep pace with the X360, if not beat it. Sounds like the optimisation efforts were focused on the X360/PC versions, which I guess makes sense - the hardware similarities mean that optimisation work for the two platforms may be similar, whereas the PS3 is so architecturally different that it would have required s separate approach.

Still, I'm sure it will look more than acceptable on PS3, and (hopefully) the storyline and gameplay will be sufficient to guarantee its place alongside Fallout 1&2 as a classic, irrespective of whether it really makes the most of the graphical hardware on all platforms.

6. goafreak

goafreak What's a Dremel?

Just wondering why Sony doesn't support game studios to optimize their games for the PS3. I'm really thinking of buying a PS3 (although I have a decent PC and a XBox360), but currently I can't see any outstanding game experience (maybe except MGS4) that could really convince me to.
    News like that a bad for Sony, and although I'm not a PS3 owner currently, I feel sorry for Sony to hear that their console is not offering the same good game experience as a PC or an XBox....

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

horsepower is no use if its to hard to program.
    all the potential in the world is no use if no one is ready to spend the extra time to make the most of it

i have a 360 and am interested in buying a ps3 but i really cant see any reason a the mo

8. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

I don't think this comes as much of a surprise to most people.

mclean007, It seems you've mixed up ps3 and xbox360 :)

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

A little surprised that the PS3 version is the worst looking, not surprised the PC version is the best looking (so long as you have good enough hardware of course). Morrowind looked nicer on the PC, as did Oblivion, plus you could tweak the files to make it look even better with Oblivion.

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They do. Game studios have to ask for help.

11. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I got my PS3 for free the otherday with my mobile phone upgrade and was toying with the idea of getting it for the PS3 but I think I'll just stick with the PC version as I'm still having problems getting use to not using a mouse and a keyboard!

12. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

Well i suppose its expected but they made oblivion look better and run better on the ps3 compaired to the 360 but that might be that they had more time, but come on as long as it doesn't look like a really low end pc then thats ok for me.

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

the difference from reading the article seems really slight tbh

14. mclean007

In what way?

15. mclean007

WipEout HD?

16. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

So, pirated on the consoles then... So much for the arguement that focusing on the X-Box and PS3 would cut down on piracy - eh Mr Blezinski ?

17. Teq

Teq What's a Dremel?

I'm kind of glad this was pirated first on console, I really dislike the argument of not releasing a game of PC because of piracy, but back to the story in question - wasn't it a similar story with the Playstation vs Saturn? Very similar machines in capability terms, but the Playstation being much easier to develop for, eventually winning the war...

18. naokaji

naokaji whatever

The ps3 is superior to the 360 in theory, but aslong as game devs dont make use of the capabilities it doesnt help to be better, anyway, pc forever.

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Game cannot be pirated for PS3. People have been able to back up the ISO's but its currently not possible to play them. 360 on the other hand is real easy to pirate.

Why do the news titles that are negative for PS3 always make it seem a billion times worse. If I wouldn't know better, by reading the title it would make me think the PS3 game plays like crap, which is not true. According to reviewers it's just barely worse than 360. If you have both systems then you get it on 360, but if you have just PS3 then its still worth getting. People always make it seem way worse than it really is and that if you only have PS3 then you shouldn't even get the game, while it's not true.

PS3 is much harder to develop for and has way different hardware architecture so if the game is designed on the 360 it is gonna be hard to port it to PS3 and make it run as good without spending extra time because it needs to be programmed much different.

Obviously the PS3 has just as much or more graphical abilities as 360 when you see games like MGS4, Uncharted, GT5P, and WipeoutHD.

20. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

"real easy to pirate"?

You have to dissasemble,
    place the DVD drive in a COMPATIBLE computer,
    earth it,
    boot from a floppy,
    download information from your drive,
    edit some hex.
    flash the drive
    put the drive back in the 360
    Hope it all works.