1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google patches Android security hole

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Nov 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

While it was a bit of a cockup to release out of date code, at least they've done something about it rather than sitting on their thumbs.

I'll be giving Android a try when my iPhone contract is up, unless Apple somehow make the damned thing more than an expensive toy.

3. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

I just pre-ordered myself a Touch HD so will probably slap an Android ROM on that when it (inevitably) starts floating around...

Am very surprised with the direction HTC decided to go with the design of the G1, seems like such a cheap and clunky form compared to their other models, especially recently!

4. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

Over the air updates is nothing new. I have a 3 year old Samsung A920 which allows for over the air updates. Most phones have it now. The nagging however is something most phones don't do.

5. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

Well, almost all advanced Nokia phones (Eseries, Nseries) can update OTA. But nagging to do it, especially when mobile Internet connection can bez extremely expensive is something to think about before buying.

6. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Windows Mobile - you have to browse the worst forum in the world - find the latest version thats been hacked together and modded by some really talented guy, then install loads of random tools from different parts of the forum and install them in a certain order.

If you're a software dev it's easy, if you're an average guy like me then it's so confusing, I would LOVE for microsoft to send me a message saying there is an update and have it update itself on the fly. Did I mention updating windows mobile requires you lose all data / settings / everything?

7. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

In the US at least, almost all carriers require you to get an unlimited data plan in order to buy any type of smart phone. So that is usually not an issue.

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Same here.

I usually go crazy wanting new HTC phones, but this one just seems a bit off. Not terrible, but definitely not brilliant either.

Hopefully the next model Android phone will be better so i can go get one! I really want to get away from windows mobile :lol:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

And what makes you think that the Android is any different?

10. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I'm just waiting for the rom to surface on xda. Then i'll try it on my diamond. That will be a first time flashing it anyhow. If it doesn't work the way I want it to, I will most likely flash it with something else.

Tags: Add Tags