1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVE Online to get huge expansion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Nov 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

excellent

3. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Hmm, might start playing again when this comes out. Looks interesting.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I tried EVE a while back and I really couldn't get into it. Sure it looks amazing, one of the best things out there in terms of the look and feel of space but the mission structure and navigation just left me with a feeling of 'ok, so now what?'

I have thought of giving it another crack but unfortunately I don't have the time anymore :(

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

-1 for no live fanfest coverage this year

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Going to re-sub as soon as this gets released :D

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Played the Beta and loved it, but the monthly cost fended me off.

8. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

Played the last one but it just seemed like a bit of a grind fest until you get high enough up to join clans etc, still some of it was a good laugh, my destroyer was ace! (ok, it would die in the blink of an eye to most other things, but it looked cool...)
    Again Xir hit the nail on the head, £10 a month is a fair bit of cash and it does need ALOT of time and commitment

9. OnyxLilninja

OnyxLilninja What's a Dremel?

CCP has given us 5 years of free EVE updates... the best having just been released giving epic battles that before would lag awfully, now totally playable (1000 people fighting...). Awesome company, awesome game.

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The only thing that puts me off is the fetchy price.

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

£10 isn't a lot tbh. I used to run 3 accounts until I ran out of time to play.

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

The monthly price? It enables them to keep bringing out free content updates, more then worth it IMO considering most other MMOs (WoW) charge you monthly AND charge you for expansions.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The price is OK but it is too much of a grindfest. I simply don't have that sort of time in my personal life.

I love the graphics and like the whole coherent feel of that universe, but I'd like something that I can dip in and out of for short spells when I have some time to play with, and that is not all about shooting at each other.

14. Torwald

Torwald What's a Dremel?

Monthly costs ? Err... I play from May and I have bought ONE game time card for real money ;) All other GTC were bought for ISK...
    You CAN play for free, you know...

About EVE: I LOVE IT :D No "WoW-kids" around, because EVE is too complicated for them (and no fancy-looking swords'n'stuff :p).
    Am I wrong, or CPP is going to launch this expansion FREE to all paying users ?

15. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

All eve expansions are free.

16. koola

koola Minimodder

More like dumbing it down. I'm still a bit miffed at CCP about the whole ghost skilltraining nerf.

It's still welcome news though.

17. 13en

13en Minimodder

Is that legit? Or is it a bit dodgy, like the people who just sell ISK? Also roughly how much is it per month? Say earnable with a cruiser? The could just tempt me back...

18. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Current game time cards will run you about 500 to 600 million isk for 60 days, so you really need to be earning 10 million isk a day, more if you want to buy new skills and ships and everything else, you basically end up playing to play, just grinding more to be able to carry on playing. Also they are making the 60 day time cards splitable so that people can buy 30 days ingame, whether this will bring prices down or up know one knows, but they will probably go up as they will be buyable on the ingame market = everyone will have access to buy them, no need to go through forum and talk to people, you just buy they as you would anything else ingame.

As for whether you could do that in a cruiser, I would say no.

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I played EVE for a while and I don't think I've ever shot anyone

Unfortuneately I don't really have the time or money for it anymore, was going to get a carrier, oh well.

Last edited: 11 Nov 2008
  20. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I played the game but a few things put me off
    A) the lack of chagne in environment. The space scapes where stunning but all of them consisted of an empty zone with maybe a few asteroids, no real interesting deviation that affected combat
    B) Bad risk-reward schemes for deep space and the likes. I happen to be a huge fan of pvp and I don't even mind loosing ships (something I almost never did) but the rewards for going into deep space are usually out stripped by the massive risks.

it was a fun game and i loved the detailed economy and being in a corporation but some things just made it very slow at times, for minimal rewards

Tags: Add Tags