1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Witcher confirmed for consoles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

As much as I hated this game, it's always sad to see pc games leaving.
    Mind you, I''d love to see the filthy console tards trying to play it on their pathetic controllers :D

3. chiper136

chiper136 What's a Dremel?

That is the most stupid comment I have ever seen on Bit Tech. Do you really so much of a PC fanboy that you hate the idea of even a bad game coming for the consoles from PC. And what does 'pc games leaving' mean. I didn't realise that games could only exist for one platform at a time.

Back on topic though, I don't think it will do well being out dated by then. People on consoles will be looking for something to better Fallout 3 in the RPG arena. This won't be it.

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

i said it in jest, and anyone that watched yatzees review of the Witcher would see how blantently i've referenced him. PC games going to consoles is a problem though, look at what epic have done. And I can't really call it a bad game either, just because I despised it doesn't make it bad. Loads of people in the forums love it. Sheesh.

5. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

They port there old games to Consoles to fund better games for PC of course :) Well, maybe?

6. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i jope they make a bucket load from this and continue to produce great games for the pc

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Whats outdated about it? graphics on the consoles aren't exactly cutting edge anymore.

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i really liked the original, i really cant see why or how they are hoping to port it though. £10 bargain bin within a month.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Actually they kind of still are, but the Witcher is far from nasty looking anyway.

10. Huxen5

Huxen5 What's a Dremel?

I personally think this is one of the best RPG's ive played, its extremely rich in content and is very immersive. It's got an adult and gritty edge you don't find in many games. It's certainly a lot better than the frankly boring Oblivion, and has clearly had a lot of thought and work put into it.

11. Huxen5

Huxen5 What's a Dremel?

...and as far as its graphics are concerned if you run this at high settings in widescreen as i do then it looks drop dead gorgeous.

12. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

They are nowhere near still are, yuo you mental? a low priced mid range PC is more powerful these days.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Define 'low price' and 'mid range'. I literally just (last week, in fact) upgraded my PC owing to a critical existence failure of the old one, and spent around £540 on:

Core2Duo 8400
    4GB RAM
    nVidia 9500 GT 512MB
    and all the ancillary bits to make it compute.

Although the processor is pretty sweet, the graphics card is the limiting factor - I would have had to spend £200 or more on the card alone (the 9500 was £50, and is passively cooled for quiteness bonus) in order to match the framerates of my Xbox 360 in current games. There's no way in hell it'll play Fallout 3 as well as my Xbox does.

So, I could spend £200 on a graphics card upgrade to my £500 PC in order to play Fallout 3 in anything less than jerk-o-vision. Alternatively, I could spend £160 on an Xbox 360 Pro pack with HDMI output, 60GB drive, two controllers, and three or four games (I can't remember the exact bundle that was advertised on TV). My, what a difficult decision.

I play PC and console games, but for anyone with anything other than an unlimited budget console definitely has the edge right now.

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Personally, I don't care. It isn't anything to do with the graphics IMO, its to do with which system the game was designed for and which one I'm most comfy using for that game as that's the one it will feel best on.

15. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Game developers need to bring the PC back to life, it is by far the best gaming platform.

Tags: Add Tags