1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tomb Raider DLC content meant for original game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

wow 500.000 copies extra in one day! One day more bad lara news and it will sell 3 million!

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Now, if Lara wasn't as stiff as a board in recent games, maybe all would be well.

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I kinda liked the last few Tomb Raiders. Well at least the Croft Manor. It's the best part...

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i think its discrasefull when this happens. when DLC comes out 2/3 months after the original game it sould have been included in the original.

after this i think it should be released free

6. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

2.5 million isn't bad at all! I imagine they probably wanted it to say like 15 million though, as niaeve as that is.

8. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Its a good game, I'm liking it.... also got it for less that £20 new on the 360. Perfect price for a game like this. I read the news title and was ready to say "screw them", I'm not buying it if it was meant for the full game. But as long as it was cut due to time and not to cash in then it's okay. They overshot what they had time to finish, that happens in movies, games, software.. it's better for them to be too ambitious and need to haul it back than to under deliver. It clearly needed to come out before Christmas, so they probably didn't have much choice.

9. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

There were a lot of things either dropped or removed from Terran Conflict for the same reason, Egosoft simply ran out of time to implement it fully. It was better to drop it than to release it in a half-assed form.

At least Eidos/Crystal Dynamics are releasing it for consumption now they have had time to fully finish it. Only thing I am worried about (As the article fails to mention it) is if they are considering charging for it, if they are, then that's just not on IMO. Charging for additional content is fine, you had to put extra effort in to design it and to build it, but don't charge for what should have been in the game anyway but you could not complete within the time constraints your publisher placed on you. That's just not fair, you have already had your cash for the game, don't be greedy.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2009
Tags: Add Tags