1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Braid creator disagrees with Writers Guild Awards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

Now why has this obviously very important game not been reviewed here on Bit??

hahahahaha :D

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Fully agree with Blow here (always wanted to have a sentance like that ;)) the WGA have always seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Any sort of award where you have to be a member of the awarding body to even be considered for the 'prize' is ridiculous. ;)

5. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

Red Alert have goto be in for a bloody good chance of winning it this year!

Andy

6. mayakovski

mayakovski 10" blade with a 5/8" arbor.

If C&C 3: Red Alert had been released 2 or 3 years ago then it would have been great. As it stands it boring, uninspired and looks like a kids cartoon. Great game for the under 10 crowd.

7. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Well just to revise your statement I'd have to say that the root of the problem is not that the members of the awarding body are the only ones considered for the prize, the problem is that the 'prize' is presented as representing the absolute best of the videogame writing community while in fact only representing the few folks who paid the membership fee.

It does seem a bit ridiculous that the videogame writers aren't allowed to even attend meetings (or really even considered guild members!). It seems to me that this 'guild' is more a collection of blokes who paid $75 to enter into a writing contest :eyebrow:

Tags: Add Tags