1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MS details Windows 7 RC changes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

even before this newest update im already sure i'll be moving to 7 from my Vista Ultimate........... this just seals the deal.

3. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

yeah, I think upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 is a no brainer.
    MS need to convince those people still holding on to XP to upgrade.

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

why continue support for FAT32?

5. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I'm looking forward to comparing the beta and this RC.

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Less R/W on a HDD compared to a FS with a journaling system. Mainly for laptops.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

won't be installing Win7 as my primary system until i've gotten all my daily software tested and working perfectly.

besides, why setup from Vista if it's working perfectly fine? same goes for XP. if one is building a new system, then sure, new OS all the way. but on an old machine, why bother?

"if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

8. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I agree with you, wuyankxu. As pretty as it looks, I will probably hold off until I get a complete new system.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I like the flashy Ubuntu 'double click an icon and it sort of transparently zooms the icon on top of itself to show it's been double-clicked' graphic enhancement. This would work well in Windows 7 - sometimes you double-click something and wonder if you did actually double-click it and so double-click it again (or right click>open) only for two or three instances to pop up.

10. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

Win7 is really sounding great now. I was already looking forward to it but these improvements have made me even happier. It's good to know that MS are really listening to the advice of the beta testers this time. They took on board some of the ideas from the testers in Vista but left out some of the most important ones and deferred them to Win7. Win7 really does seem to be everything Vista should have been. I'm so glad I didn't bother upgrading from XP yet. My next PC will definitely be getting Win7.

11. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

You can get a program to do that in Windows - can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but I know it's included in KiteOS, the Windows-to-Mac-alike total conversion thingy

The question, however, is will this program work on Windows 7?

12. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

W7 definitely looks tasty, but to really win me over MS should get rid of the DRM subsystem they created in Vista to please Hollywood. And in turn, I'll promise I'll never ever use my PC to watch blu-ray or other "premium" content! :)

<cue the "Vista has no DRM" proponents> :)

13. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i love these windows blogs, i learn something new everytime :p

14. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

love win7. already my primary OS. only thing that i can't get to work is a webcam - either MS' VX-3000 or Logitech AF Orb thing. No amount of googling reveals any drivers that actually work (many claim to).

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I love it to bits. And then some more.

If only my system wasn't slowly dying I could enjoy it even more. :)
    On my laptop it is more stable and snappier than XP ever was and that laptop is over 3 years old. I'll be one of the early adopters of 7.

16. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

same here.

It runs amazingly on my laptop... I'm just dreading the ammount of money I'll have to drop to get 2 copies of ultimate :eeek: :sigh: :jawdrop: :grr:

17. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

I think MS is doing a great job, they're actually listening to people this time. I'll definitely go for w7 when I get my new PC.

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

what I want to see is HD-DVD (yes I still own a few so I would still like to watch them) and Blu-Ray support or at least just Blu-ray support in their media center, Im tired of spending upwards of $100.00 to be able to watch blu-ray movies, this way it will force those companies to lower their prices...

19. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Just as long as I can still have a classic taskbar in windows I might buy it...

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i had vista for a while and have now gone back to XP, much snappier even though all my ram isnt recognised, more stability in games and i dont have to fight with my system trying to hold my hand all day long.

by the looks of things many of these issues are being addressed for w7 so will defo be giving it a try when the first price drop comes in.

any info on DX11 support and when that will be brought in? is it a release feature or more likely to be SP1?

Tags: Add Tags