1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Early version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

As interesting as it sounds i really CBA, it's going to have more bugs than Africa!!!

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I imagine a Stalker alpha would be fascinating, the game had SO much potential that arguably was never realised.

4. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

+1000

lool

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well I've started downloading it, but it'll take a while at ~35kbits/s for 1.something GB...

I'd wait around for a while and see if this pops up on a torrent site later, assuming that's allowed of course.

[edit] Had a read about the thread, doesn't seem to be anything against torrenting it up, so here's one that a forum member made: BTJunkie linkage :thumb:

Double edit: Getting good speeds from the torrent at ~120kbit/s, much better!

Last edited: 3 Mar 2009
  6. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

This have less horrible RPG shite and more FPS? :>

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Oh how great that I just paid money to get the original STALKER :(

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

There's also FlashGet... :)

9. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Whilst this does seem great, and no doubt I will have a go and enjoy it, if they can't get a bug free game out for retail, how is this going to even load?

10. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

so is this the original alpha that was leaked and played by many year before the game actually came out ?

11. Neophyte4Life

Neophyte4Life What's a Dremel?

+ 9^56

I beat the first one and found it somewhat entertaining. Clear Sky on the other hand was a pain in the a**. I even discovered THE UBER bug that prevented me from beating the game even after applying patches and starting over several times........

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You'd be surprised how playable it actually is - for an early Alpha release, I've not had it crash on me (unless I've done something stupid, like walking into a bit of the map which is clearly unfinished). The only trouble is that it's still in Russian for the most part, so it's not like you can actually play any missions...

13. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is my favorite series behind only Half Life. Yeah I hate the buggy release but after 3 or 4 patches the game play and environment is awesome. I love the X-ray engine, to me it's the best. I'll download this roach motel just to get my fix. I'm jonesen to get back into the zone.

14. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Couldn't agree more. I'm loving the Complete Mod 2009 for Shadow of Chernobyl. The engine has so much potential and the atmosphere is without equal. Didn't like Clear Sky as much...mainly because I knew how it was going to end, but it did look very nice.

I also liked Far Cry 2, its another game where you have to absorb yourself into the game world, do lots of exploring and take on missions from time to time.

Tags: Add Tags