1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony to sue over Change4Life UK ad?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Woohoo another lawsuit to pay the bills.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I agree with Change4Life, everyone knows Playstations kill you.

Is it just me, or does Change4Life sound like some awful pacifist Left4Dead mod? You go around hugging zombies and encouraging them to express themselves creatively, thus restoring elements of their previous lives.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

They should use positive images to promote active lifestyles rather than negative images such as these.

5. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

kid looks quite happy to me in that picture lol.
    but yes postive images are better, advert with a kid playing a pc is much more creative.

6. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

To be fair this is a good ad, basicly says PS3 gives you health problems but 360 dont :p (Commence fan boy attack)

The sofa looks pretty cool though.

7. Zut

Zut What's a Dremel?

Hey kids! Don't play games or read books or do anything that challenges you mentally. Just go outside and flap your arms about, to make sure you live as long as possible.

Why the HELL would I want to live longer if I cant play games? I'd rather die happy at 50 than live to be an abstinent, joyless 90 year old husk.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Persuading kids (and parents) that actually going out and getting some exercise and also eating healthily - cutting down on the supermarket ready meals or take-aways and actually buying raw meat and veg and cooking themselves - would have more of an impact than this.

In all honesty, given some of the extremely large groups of kids wondering around my neighbourhood over the last few years, I'd rather they were home playing games than just wondering down the street swilling from a can of beer and attempting to get that crown of disaffected teen life - the ASBO.

Besides... the same argument can be used against reading or studying - you're sitting there not getting any exercise... you should be outside! Pfft. Yeah, like the youth in Britain aren't already illiterate enough.

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Guns dont kill people, playstations do :duh:

10. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Playstation 3s are heavy enough to kill someone. Oh no better recall all the systems for deadly weight issues.

11. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

Kinda sad that parents need to be told that their kids need exercise in the first place. But this is really not the way to do it.

12. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

He's only unhappy because he's playing on a Playstation!! Get him an xbox or Wii and he'll look like Joe.

j/k btw. I a PS3 myself and not a 360/Wii lol

13. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Bit off topic but I reckon Change4Life will be going on about how previous generations would play outside etc go to the park yet now because of computers where all staying inside. Well times change, you cant go out and play in the park as you used to be able to as threes so many sick *******s around that kids get kidnapped, people kicking a balls around or what ever get stuff shouted at them by other kids or get picked on etc. I used to enjoy BMX'ing, yet you slowly grow tried of being chased by gangs and crap, enjoyed playing with BB guns - someone calls the police saying some kids are planning a terrorist attack - armed police come raiding us lol.

And all that.. in not bad areas.. so I dread to think what its like in worse areas. So many of the young generation now are arseholes no matter where you are.

And people wonder why kids prefer to stay in doors? lol - should have brought more healthy eating into it, maybe parents walking kids to school or what ever. - How about parents bringing kids out on walks lol? bring them some place interesting.

14. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

Your right!! I can't believe these AD guys are so stupid. These type of Ads just puts up a brick wall and a ton of excuses. Everybody loves "something" that has to do with outdoors and exercise. Take the kid out to do what ever you know he's interested in with friends. If he notices he can't keep up with the others his age he will think to him self "Man, I need to get out more, I'm pathetic." Then you never have to shove exercise down his throat with words,... never works.

15. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Please remove intll pop up text adds or I just block all adds on this web site I am on google phone so its quite annoying when useing this web site

16. Perforated

Perforated What's a Dremel?

Meh, I don't think the ad's at such fault. Giving parents that vague association that "if your kid's always sat on the sofa, he ain't gonna work off lunch" is no bad thing. Any parent that summarily bans their kids from playing games as a result has missed the point by such a margin that the kid's probably already pretty condemned by their genes. It even specifies in the ad "active for an hour a day". After which, they can sit on the sofa murdering hookers for as long as they like.

There ARE positive association ads running as well, this is supplementary. Sony are just stomping their feet because it's a PS controller and they think people are going to think their console is more murderous than MS or Ninty's, obviously (!). Frankly, anybody that can recognise it as a PS controller has more than likely had enough exposure to them to realise they're not poisonous, or going to randomly explode or anything (Sony limit that to their laptop cells, you see, it's a USP).

17. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

It's the parents fault in most cases, using the baby sitter (TV, computer, console) instead of actually taking the kids out to the park or whatever. I think parents just want too much now, both have full time jobs, both have social lives and expect those 10 minutes they spend with there kids to make a fully rounded adult one day. Having kids for there own benefeit rather than the kids, "everyone else has one, we don't want to be left out!". It's just another case of blaming gaming\music\tv\film instead of the society, it's easyer that way as most people will agree.

If parents need to be told about simple things like this they're not fit for the job in the first place, saying that though those same people probably thought it was a maturing beer gut rather than a growing baby...

[​IMG]

18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Obviously they had to use a PS controller, nobody can look that depressed with a Wiimote in hand..

19. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I thought I read not long ago that your average gamer is actually slimmer than your average binge drinker, and that gamers are actually quite healthy.

Standing there playing the wii wwith your mates is quite a workout, as is jumping around on hard mode on guitar hero.

I would suggest to parents to walk your kids to school rather than fill up the roads at rush hour with your useless 4x4 landrovers.

20. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I was just going to mention this... excluding myself I've never met a fat gamer (and mine comes from years of drinking fizzy drinks and not exercising), but I suppose my love for Guinness isn't helping a great deal

Tags: Add Tags