1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BAFTA award winners revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

That's actually not too frightful a list. I'd agree without debate on about a third of those, which is surprising given BAFTA's usual terrible taste in games.

There's been a bit of a faff kicked up about GTA4 not winning anything, but the only things it really could have contended would be Best Game and Best Action/Adventure, and BAFTA's always had a preference for cutsey and family friendly over brutal realism.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Good for Nolan Bushnell - I like it when people are recognised like this.

Boom Blox is amazing - more so with two players.

Technical Achievement - Spore? Well, I guess it had to be in there somewhere.

It is an odd bunch of games although I'm glad LBP got in there, despite its late release.

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

= only game on the list without a link to a bit-tech review! It is a quality game though, perhaps a retrospective review to make it less overlooked?

5. M2k3

M2k3 Wired to the Core

I think I'd agree with maybe 2 of the games listed. COD4 for story and character? Uhh yeah, sure...

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Spore for technical Achievement? I'd rather have Crysis on there

And Strategy really should have gone to. Supreme Commander or even Empire: Total War.

It's not that bad of a list but some of it is kinda garbage.

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Spore deserved the technical achievement. Whilst the game was crap, the pure, unfailing strength of the most customisable character creation tool ever concieved was a sight to behold. Seriously, the sheer cleverness of the creature creation is miles ahead of anything else anyone has even come close to creating.

Tags: Add Tags