1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel wants us dead, says AMD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

As long as there are no real good games coming out, they try to entertain us with a soap opera? :eyebrow:

3. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

Obvious statement is obvious. Intel wants to rule the world, it was always like that. Intel also wants to make everyone look the other way while they sign some more illegal and anti-competitive deals. You'd have to be blind and dumb not to notice it at least 7 years ago.

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Can't wait until neither of them do anything to each other related to this article. Like they never do...

Back and forth like a bunch of idiots.

5. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Sounds like Intel were just waiting for an excuse to jump on.

Then again, I have an i7 sitting in my rig, the only problem is that if AMD do go under, there's no-one to keep Intel's prices in check...

6. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

of course they are trying to kill off amd. they wouldn't care if amd weren't as big as it is (if it was like via for example).

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Of course they want them dead or even better, buy them. Every single company wants their competition dead. The only difference lies in how they try to achieve that.

8. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I think it's pathetic actually they're both the champions of the high technology IT industry and they are just sniping at each other like schoolkids in the playground.

9. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Not true, VIA might be able to start building some market share...

10. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

F*** Intel. AMD-support fo' life! Intel will do anything it can to keep them down and within their grasp.

11. perplekks45

In the end AMD will just continue to aim for the entry and mid-market segments and leave the high-end to Intel.
    They just can't compete with the raw power of Intel's line-up at the moment but, as with their graphics cards, I don't think they want to.

12. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I really, really hope this doesn't bring AMD down. Intel are being bitchy and dumb here, it's uncalled for and uncompetitive.
    If AMD back down and more corporate jiggling of 'subsidiaries' etc is required, I reckon it could bring AMD down :(

13. Xir

Xir Modder

...weellll, if Intel wanted AMD out of the way, they could just buy them rightout...
    But that would probably be too obvious ;)

14. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

You're saying AMD's graphics cards can't compete with what?

15. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

I'm so proud of myself for buying AMD all these years :D
    I recently supported them by buying a 940 black edition and AMD based motherboard.
    I really hope their next gen GFX card is killer too, I'll be buying that :)

I hope AMD can come up with the capital to buy back the amount of the foundry they need to, to get Intel to shut it..

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think i will get the popcorn...

17. perplekks45

What I'm saying is that AMD doesn't try too hard to release the fastest single graphics card and leaves that to nVidia. The 4870 is an amazingly fast card, yes, but there are faster cards out there. And AMD don't seem to think it's overly important to beat them.

18. SyxPak

SyxPak What's a Dremel?

Because top performance is a niche within a niche. It's bragging rights and mindshare, which means nothing if they don't sell. As 'the internets' segue into mainstream life, and as performance requirements plateau somewhat, people buy on price and stickers.

Whether the sticker is true :))) or not only matters to those who care. If it does the job and doesn't break.
    Look at netbooks and miniITX.

Oh, and revise price-performance battles for nVidia, ATi, 3Dfx, Videologic etc. and what was going on with their respective chip fabrication and engineering processes to cause each win or loss.

As for Intel, fair play on making x86 run this long, but it's equine necrophelia at this point. The best thing about open source beardiness is that you can run what you want on what you like. The MS/x86 path is nolonger the only viable one.

19. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I want the fastest video card, yet I can only pay for the fourth fastest card. I want the fastest CPU, yet I can only pay for the eleventh fastest CPU. The company who can deliver me these options is AMD

20. yanglu

yanglu Hmm...

Will support AMD from now on because of this. Intel's dirty tactics are disgusting!

Tags: Add Tags