1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Left 4 Dead Survival Pack coming next month

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Awesome, free stuff is always good

3. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

survival sounds kewl, and more versus is always good

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

Way overdue, but great all the same :D

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hopefully they'll fix some of the myriad of bugs which seem to be appearing atm.

7. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Boomers need love!

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

S W E E T !

9. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

no new levels? :(

ah well, survival sounds like a thrill for LAN competitions :D

10. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

I think I've left the game for dead.

Too many bugs, players laming and irritating server issues that end in "Connection timed out".

BAH!

11. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

have faith grasshoppa, l4d will be fixed soon. I hope. . .

Anyway, new levels are needed in a big way, but at least new levels on vs will keep the fun going for another 3-5 months. Why o' why is april so far away????

12. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

I'll certainly play once the update is out.

But if I get one more "Connection timed out" error, I'll have to start firebombing.

13. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

No where near as annoying as GTA4 online for bad connections and stuff!

14. Ta10n

Ta10n What's a Dremel?

Hopefully the survival mode is as good as the Zombie Nazi mode in COD5....

I absolutely love L4D, but Zombie Nazi's dude? That mode should have been the entire game. Heck if they boxed just the zombie nazi mode and sold it for $20-$30 I would definitely buy it.

Of course the COD5 zombie mode is helped somewhat by the abundance of utterly bad-ass weapons (hear that Valve?). Seriously we need some new L4D weapons. And for god's sake model, scale, and animate them CORRECTLY. We need some sweet weapons that make sense in the game (Glocks, MP5's, M4/M320, M249) and are actually fun to use. But of course it'll probably take Valve two years or more to do that......

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I really don't get the complaints around the weapons, honestly all the guns supplied fill the niche so what would a mp5 really add to the game beyond just another skin?

16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

No, we absolutely do not need more weapons. The current T1 and T2 weapons are so perfectly balanced that an inclusion of anything else would either be an epic nurf of everything else, or an epic fail. The ONLY thing they should do is improve the Hunting Rifle slightly, as at the moment its too newb unfriendly. Save that, everything else is a big no.

17. Ta10n

Ta10n What's a Dremel?

In a competitive and game balance way it might be a bad idea, but assuming you aren't playing versus I'm more concerned about the fun factor. It's kind of like Blizzard games with me, yes they are absolutely superbly balanced to make for excellent competitive play, but to me that makes them boring.

In this sense I want to see some "holy f***!!!" moments in L4D with maybe some more unique random weapon drops. Like really random, like once per campaign. Like the kind of deal where you might find a single-shot rocket launcher under a humvee once.... maybe. Then it's a matter of "when the hell do I use it?" do I kill the witch with it? Do I save it for the part where the two tanks come? It just adds more options and decisions to play, increasing replayability and general interest.

I agree that adding rigged weapons into the AI Directors usual drop routine would likely break the game. What I'm proposing would be a further reward for exploring. Do I clear the office room with the 10 zombies? Or do I keep walking? I think it would be sweet to reward players who explore every inch of a map with a litte something special. Add a special weapon slot for these improved weapons, heck it would be great to tie in achievements to it somehow. Unlock special guns with a limited supply of ammo across a full campaign (say the previously mentioned rocket launcher has one shot, for a whole campaign), or maybe add in a slightly improved variant of the default weapons (M16 -> G36, UZI ->Kriss, Colt .45 -> Glock w. extended mag) that you can get more ammo for from standard drops. Oh and make it so that other players can't loot unique items off dead guys. So three guys have to screen the slow guy with the rocket launcher. To double the crazyness don't give players the uniques back when they die and respawn in the "hero" room. That would make the slow guy with all the firepower rather important to keep alive.

Am I the only one who thinks that with proper balancing that would be incredible?

18. sagittary

sagittary What's a Dremel?

If they do add more complexity, I would like to see it in regards to the levels and basic toolset. For instance, a T2 melee weapon like a shovel or a fireaxe and the ability for survivors to move some of the larger physics objects like the plywood tables by hand rather than crudely punching them.

19. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

if it isn't a simultaneous release, each day that's out on 360 and not pc i'm going to shoot every witch that i see.

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I like your idea a lot!

Tags: Add Tags