1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Mamba

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 11 Apr 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2009/04/11/razer-mamba/1

No it's not a typo: the Razer Mamba is a wireless gaming mouse that costs the best part of £120. Razer claims it has incorporated wireless technology that matches a wired connection for responsiveness, and if that's not enough to whet your appetite, maybe the 5,600dpi count or Rolex-style packaging will be.

:eyebrow:

2. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

£120 for something that works on high tech "magic" that is so secret they can't tell anyone!

LOL, I hope they sell buckets to the fools that buy them

Anyone what is wrong with wired anyway?

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I can't comment on the wired but I've been playing competitive MP FPS for long enough to say that lasers are pretty much useless (up until the current gen of Copperhead/Ikari Laser/G9 etc).
    Would love to get my hands on this to see if it's any different.

4. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

I own a mamba since a week now.
    There is one thing that nobody reviewing this mouse stated.
    Removing the wire to get from wired to wireless is not that easy. There is a slide button to unlock while pulling the cabble away, and that isn't easy at all. At least I never managed to perform such a simple task feeling comfortable. You have to keep the mouse upside down in your hand while pulling and you will hear all sorts of clicks cause you'll end up squezing the mouse cause the wire won't come off.

Also, the fact that took you so long to release this review, means that you indeed encountered the issues it had before the dock firmware update was releases. It used to be impossible to fully recharge the mouse with the early firmware. It looks solved now even if I still haven't managed to see three solid green lines meaning the battery is fully charged. The dock charges the mouse only when the PC is on via the USB cabble. There isn't any power plug connected to the dock.

sorry for the broken english

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Thank you for the input. :clap:

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd like one, but even at half the cost, I still wouldn't be tempted enough to buy one...

7. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Looks to be the same shape as a deathadder... which is one third the price and for me virtually flawless. Is it really worth an extra £80 for wireless, a fancy box, and a couple of extra buttons?

For me, no. For that sort of money I'd expect a mouse moulded on the buttock of my favourite member of Girls Aloud.

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Way too expensive. My Habu mouse had a broken left mouse button after 4 months of usage. Last time I pay silly money for a mouse.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

same, way too expensive.

but the packaging is superb, they were probably aiming for a museum peice rather than a mouse. "here, ladies and gentlemen, is the world's most expensive, exotic mouse"

10. aron311

aron311 What's a Dremel?

It looks just like my Habu lmao. Plus to the guy who had his break after 4 months, did you realise it has a 3 year warranty? Mines about 2 now and still going strong :)

11. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Your UK Price link leads to a Scan webpage for a 1TB Hard drive BTW......

12. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero What's a Dremel?

Flibblesan do you hit your left mouse button with a jackhammer to play your games?

Back on topic: I own the deathadder and it's an excellent mouse, the cord doesn't bother me at all. I think this is a little overpriced for the few extra features over the deathadder.

13. The Jambo

The Jambo Last on the scene

I've had my Mamba for a while now, and I love it. After all the huge firmware issues.

the mouse just glides across all surfaces like a block of ice.

Unfortunately, I have yet to upgrade by dock drivers, since they are unsigned, I cant install them on Vista x64. (and there are bigger problems, why I cant just use the F8 method)

14. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Oops, so it does! Fixed.

Ta :)

15. TESCO-Zsömle

TESCO-Zsömle What's a Dremel?

On my DFI motherboard (and on my two previous Asus Mobo too) are some jumpers that sets USB to 5V or 5Vsb, what means that the USB ports can get the power, even if the PC is shuted down. However, an external power source is really recommend for a product like this, considering it's price and category...

16. tejas

tejas What's a Dremel?

Ludicrous price. Talk about being out of touch with the times... My Razer Deathadder is the same thing but just wired. They should push that mouse and their other more sanely priced peripherals imo...

Wired mice Cheesecake!!

17. iggy

iggy Minimodder

did you actually use this for anything? comfort and use is 1 paragraph at the back of the review and mentions nothing of any real usage. i dont mean zipping the thing across a mousemat.

what an utterly toss review.

18. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I'll stick to my deathadder!

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

packaging = half the cost

Thanks but no thanks, it's too much $$$

20. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

I'll have a look at my mobo user manual, thanks for the tip.

Tags: Add Tags