1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Six Days in Fallujah dev hasn't given up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

make it a pc game and id buy it, its not like Political Correctness has tried to stop the pc industry before.

3. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

It will never be realistic. If the Marines (7MR & 1MR) that were there approve the game, the REMF journalists can piss off.

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

thay could allways push it onto steam no risk with shops then

5. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Survey the marines that were there, if they support it then publish if not then don't. Steam would be the obvious route here, no pc brigade protesters picketing retail outlets then.

6. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Soldiers fought to uphold democracy, not to dictate it. If the game is not true to the events of the Battle of Fallujah, then it should not try to leverage its name for publicity purposes. Whether the game is good enough to stand on its own merit, should determine if they release it.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2009
  7. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

Alright... so tell me something... why is this game so bad, but a game could be made based on the events in of Blackhawk Down in the MID 90's (not exactly ancient history...)? Is it cuz the movie that was made somehow made it "alright" to talk about? I think the game should be made, protesters be damned. The uproar will fuel sales, and if the game is actually good, it will win on its merits alone. This double standard of decency between games and other media really needs to be brought to the front on this discussion. Hell, why were they allowed to make a flight 93 movie so soon after it happened? What the hell happened to the PC police then?

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I think it's more to do with the fact that the Battle of Fallujah was such a recent event and had such controversial elements to it in terms of child and civillian casualties rather than the involvement of Ridley Scott. I also don't remember the Black Hawk Down game claiming to be directly based on soldier testimonies. It was based on the film that was itself loosely based on that type of thing...so it was quite detatched.

Tags: Add Tags