1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New S.T.A.L.K.E.R game announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hopefully this one will be better than the prequel. Sign me up.

You missed "bugs".

3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Yay! My favorite game recently.

It is good to hear that you can carry on playing after completing it, that was a bit of an issue with the previous ones.

I can't wait :D

4. Vode

Vode What's a Dremel?

They may be buggy, but the game play (when it's working) is excellent, and to me at least worth fighting through the initial bugs for.

I've heard that Clear Sky runs much better these days though.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Oh God, please don't be as buggy as the others. Pleases. I just couldn't keep playing after putting up with them for so long.

6. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yeah, I waited to play it until I heard things had been mostly patched up, and I hardly had any problems, maybe it crashed about 3 times and that was it.

Really looking forward to this!:rock:

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The bugs are almost part of the charm. The Zone is broken, alien and hostile, just like the game itself. :)

Looking forward to this. I never played the second as my old 7900 probably couldn't do it justice, but I'll be picking it up (bug free!) when I get my new card. Absolutely adored the first one, most atmospheric game I've played in years.

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

I'll take a new Stalker game, bugs and all, over almost anything else that is out there today, dumbed down and for the masses. Perhaps my favourite series around,, there is just something different, mysterious, alluring about Stalker, it being a more hardcore PC also helps :).

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes, crashing to desktop is a charm.

10. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I never really ended up finishing shadow of chernobyl, but I always loved the concept of the game.

11. HyLite

HyLite What's a Dremel?

I'll probably pre-order it and pay whatever premium I have to. I rank the series right up there with the single 'Deus Ex' bugs and all. Ability to play after game ends is pure mana. They must have hired Lucian and I'll bet his new wife thrilled.

12. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Sweeeeeet.

I always went back to a save game once i saw i went past the point of no return...great that i'll be able to continue playing

13. Matticus

Matticus ...

I think that they keep making and people keep buying stalker games considering their masses of bugs is testament to just how great they are.

If games with this much atmosphere and playability are coming from a small Ukrainian developer then there is hope for us all(pc gamers) yet.

I just hope they don't release it in Autumn, I hope they wait till the end of the year or the start of 2010 and make it as stable as it can be.

14. Evildead666

They shouldn't need all that time.
    Most of the maps will be the same, and so will a lot of the textures, just updated.

They took lots and lots of photos of the area, and they are making good use of it ;)
    I enjoy the trading and upgrading as much as the actual storyline....

I'm still looking to get an exo-skeleton in clear sky, some of the plot lines stalled, and I never got one....have joined one of the bands finally, did all the game up to point of no return without joining any band, except the first on at the very beginning....
    And it looks great in Win7 with dx10.1 patch ;)

15. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

loved stalker, never tried clearsky due to the bugs....should i go back and play it now?

16. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Stalker was the best game of that year. Period.

Yes it was buggy, yes it didn't make sense alot of the time, yes the whole PDA thing was cumbersome but nothing came close to relaying a sense of desolation, struggle and horror like Stalker did (for me, at least).

I haven't got around to playing Clear Sky yet, but it's on my list.

17. Evildead666

Yeah, Clear Sky has had a lot of bugs fixed.....
    i'm still on my first save games; and there are two mission I can't actually finish.....but what the hell, I have everything except the bloody exo.....

I could go into the files and add it to the traders lists, so everyone would sell them, but its too much hassle with the steam version....

I also agree D-Cyph3r, it is a very atmoshperical game, and has some good darkness usage. Its really really dark......
    The lonliness was just great, a wonderful game...eagerly awaiting the next installment ;)

18. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

It is very playable now, get it if you like anything stalker, it is a lot better then the reviews state, the new upgrade system is outstanding, the only issue with it is the linear part near the end loses some of that Stalker feel.

Cannot wait for the new Stalker game myself. My most wanted game this year.

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm a big STALKER fan so I'll be picking this up. My copy of CS came with two instruction manuals. One was printed backwards and mirrored haha. It came with an extra CD-Key. Two games for the price of one!

20. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

STALKER games rate amoung the best i have ever played, had to replay both games after gamebreaking bugs or silly patch that requires you to start from the begining again but enjoyed every second of them.

Can't wait for this.

Tags: Add Tags