1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Kicked Out Of The Bedroom

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Interesting read.

I grew up alongside stories of bedroom coders and one-man-bands who made loads of money overnight (Bitmap Brothers, Codemasters, etc), and it always gave me the feeling that I can achieve the same thing if I put my mind to it, even today. As the article shows, it's a little bit more involved than that these days. It's not hard to turn your idea into code; the hard part is making it successful and keeping that success going.

I had heard about the extremely high standards for XBLA from reading about Jeff Minter's development & release of Space Giraffe (another 80's icon ;) ). However I had no idea that Microsoft were so meticulous in their quality control.

Kinda getting nostalgic now :)

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I remember uplink.. that was alot of fun- was a hacking game on the simple side :D

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I liked Uplink, but your other games were a bit confusing for me. I played Defcon a bit, then realized I had it all wrong, then gave up. :/

5. barack

barack What's a Dremel?

they were not too bad but uplink was appreciable.

Tags: Add Tags