1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dragon Age Interview: Of Betrayal & Blight

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 May 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hes only just discovered games are not just for children? holy **** the man is quick.

overall it sounds like fun, heres hoping it doesnt get lumbered with the ugy fat kid in the corner of the school disco we call games for windows live.

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This is looking really promising.

It may just be the game to halt my cynicism. :p

Judging by KotOR and Mass Effect I'm inclined to believe him when he says it won't be dumbed-down for consoles, too.
    It's nice to see a developer not just shrug that viewpoint off and say "I don't think the games are dumbed dooown, per say... but 'streamlined'... " or some BS like that, such as we're used to from the likes of Bethesda.
    PC gamers can certainly be over-zealous in their accusations of developers dumbing down games to fit console hardware and console audiences, but that doesn't mean it's purely a fabrication of the PC elitists.

Having watched the videos of the combat gameplay on youtube it looks like it strikes a nice balance between Baldur's Gate-like tactics and satisfying, visceral combat.
    This interview gives the impression that the actual Role-Playing and plot development side of things is similar in depth or approach to Mass Effect, which definitely is no bad thing either.

4. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

"ML: I’m not certain on the exact strategy for that right now. We’ll be looking at whatever the most popular and best solution is, but I don’t know if we’ll be tying in directly to Live. If it’s seamless and the best way for the player though, then that’s what we’ll do."

*cough* steam *cough* ... there is nothing seemless about EA's crappy downloader or microsofts efforts...

5. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I must concur with the Pee-Three-Enn droid, Steam is definitely the way to go.

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

+1 more.

I'm not a fan of DRM, but Steam makes it very palatable by being almost completely transparent to the user.
    If Steam wasn't so troublesome about insisting on downloading updates when trying to work offline it'd be the ideal DRM model in my view, the lesser of an evil deemed necessary by the industry.
    Even with that in consideration, it's still a great deal better than pissing about with SecuROM, Starforce, C-Dilla or GwFL.

I feel dirty for having uttered some of those words.

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

all in all I am VERY excited about this game, cannot wait for release and tbh im a bit gutted that the game is ready and we're only getting release with consoles. i suppose bioware save money on promo etc but its 6 months difference, 6 MONTHS they want me to wait??!!

anyways they need to use steam for the DLC definately, gfwl would just be a pain (although probably better than GTA as no rockstar software too).

moan over, the game looks excellent and i cant wait

8. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

Interesting. Desire, lust, love -- these are huge character and plot motivators in books, movies, television, and stories. This stuff is often central to the best of stories. I'm optimistically curious to see how using these themes affects the quality of games.

9. Xir

Xir Modder

He pretty much evadad the question why the PC version was delayed, right?

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The impression I got from him was that it was a decision that he wasn't really involved in. Probably an EA marketing exec made the call, tbh.

Tags: Add Tags