1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia in trouble with own insurance company

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

That's rather silly of nVidia... my friend's macbookpro had it's 8600M GT die on it after warranty expired, biggest pain to get it fixed. I'm half expecting my own laptop with the same GPU to die at anytime..

I'm kinda hoping they don't get reimbursed by the insurance, maybe it'll finally prompt nVidia to step up their game.

3. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I've got a feelig that Nvidia are trying to get out of this as queitly and easily as possible, the only problem is that they are kicking and screaming, and generally just making it worse for themselves.

4. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

They probably didn't get in on the agreement because it took place when they were going bankrupt and couldn't. Seriously though, is there ever an insurance company that is willing to pay up without some fight.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya Im with the insurance company, I wouldnt pay for something that the company knew would have problems, thats like going to an insurance company and saying, "okay so Im buying this car with the intentions of crashing it into something the moment I get behind the wheel can you cover me please... thanks ~_~

nVidia business practices are no better then Intel ~_~

Last edited: 20 May 2009
  6. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Incredible.

Can anyone else here tell us the last time an insurance company paid out on an insurance claim without getting a lengthy report in triplicate about the circumstance leading to the claim?
    But Nvidia seems to think they can go to their insurance company, say "Give me money!" and they'll fork over tens of millions of dollars and not ask awkward questions, like "Isn't this your careless screw up, so why should we pay you for it?"

7. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

Insurance for GPUs, the most dangerous job i ve ever heard :jawdrop:

Tags: Add Tags