1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master HAF 922

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 3 Jun 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I have to say I liked the 932, even the design. I already decided that it would be my next case after my move to Austria but now I'm not sure what to go for.
    932 or 922, better performance or better looks? Any ideas if the 922 could match the 932's cooling performance should I decide to stick a 200mm fan in the side panel?

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Looks pretty sweet.

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I imagine the two would be pretty darn similar. OFC the 932 uses 240mm fans to the 922's 200mm, but I imagine the difference would only be a few °C. Personally, I'd go for the 922.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i'd still prefer Antec 902 if i were to go for one of those flashy cases with OTT fans.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The frame looks like it came straight from the Storm Sniper... And that's not a bad thing.

It's also not as freaking hideous, or way too large as the original HAF. I may actually kinda like it...

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

I quite like it, and think that many of the enthusiast cases are going to be coming more and more in the mATX format.
    I'm thinking that my next gaming rig will probably be mATX, since I don't really use the full ATX case....

8. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

I actually really like this case - will definitly consider it for my next build, but will also make sure to get a 200mm in the side.

9. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

like - but still think the Lian Li PC50 is nicer all round. comes back ot the style/function/whatever debate again.

Certainly a good case and at the right price point i think.

10. glenster

glenster glenster

There's a new Silverstone, the Raven RV02, with a cutout for cooling under the motherboard tray, and the Corsair Obsidian Series 800D, to consider, too.

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

YAY they ditched that damn ugly side panel that they used on the 932, how if they jsut fixed up the new ugly top panel I would consider buying one.

12. telhack

telhack What's a Dremel?

I have the big brother HAF932 case and that one is awesome. Very well built, etc. I am running an Intel i7 920 2.67 with an Ultra ChillTEC CPU cooler and OC'd this to 4.0. Running at 38C stable. Added 12Gigs of DDR3 on a Vista64BitUltimate OS for a gaming machine.
    My only complaint is that on the underside of the mobo cutout they didn't cut out sufficient size for anything but the standard CPU fan that mounts from above. Any aftermarket fan assembly that has a mount from underneath cannot evenly set on the bottom of the motherboard and you have to be careful you don't abnormally stressed the board while installing it. Also it was a BITCH!! to screw the fan on the CPU. Not something for one person to accomplish!

13. Bayaz

Bayaz What's a Dremel?

I have the HAF 922 nearly a year now. The case has lots of room, allows you to install/remove parts easily and has decent cable management. One of the few things I didn't like about it was the that the power cables for the hard drives are too close to the side panel and there can be a bit of pressure against them. Sometimes the cdrom/hard drive enclosures are a bit fiddly. There could be more USB ports on front as well. Overall I would give it a 8/10

Tags: Add Tags