1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Fuel Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Jun 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/ps3/2009/06/08/fuel-review/1

Boasting the biggest virtual world ever created in a computer game, all of which can be explored without a single loading screen interrupting, Codemasters' Fuel hopes to be an entirely new type of racing game. Can it reach that aim though, or will Fuel just burn up and fade away?

:)

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Holy post-processing batman, all those effects are horrible Oo

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

those post processing are nearly identical to DiRT and GRiD. IMHO they look great.

im looking forward to it on the PC, where RAM isn't limited and there's enough GPU power to go around rendering a much longer view distance.

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Wouldn't have thought you'd be one for getting the 'tallica quotes in there Joe.

Or maybe you're referencing the Avril Lavigne cover? That is, you know, more to your taste. ;)

Sounds like there was the beginning of a great idea, sort of remeniscent of the things id are talking about in Rage. It's almost as if they took a great concept and engine, and then just slapped some really cruddy gameplay on top of it. Oh well. Be interesting to see if a beefy PC can improve things.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

When I first read the title, I was wondering "Why the hell is bit-tech reviewing fuel prices?" but then I remembered the game... Lack of coffee due to lack of gas to heat up the water (bottled gas, old apartment, sucks).

6. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Is that "free roaming" as in "you can go wherever you like", or "free roaming" in the Far Cry 2 sense of "you can go wherever you like, except there's all these big walls everywhere which stop you going places?"

P

7. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Oly played it for about an hour, but it does seem to be free roaming in the go anywhere sense. And the land is huuuge

8. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Thanks for the review.. and for saving me some money. I was going to buy, then thought about renting, but am now going to skip it completely...

Did the dev company not get any external feedback before releasing the game ?

If they did have, they should have listened and not released until it was ready... now its gonna bomb, which is a waste of everyone's time and effort on this project.

9. gilesy

gilesy who cares who wins

i wish i had of read this review b4 i went and bought it ,i`m really disappionted with this game .it had loads of promise i was hoping for motorstorm type on 360 but its just boring, i am bored of it and i`ve only played it for like 3hrs ,cars and bikes handle like a shopping trolly on ice

10. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

This should of had a first person cockpit view

11. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

They could have easily done a not-too-laughable Mad-Max-esque style story. Or even post-apocalyptic Smuggler's Run. Heck all it really had to do was be as good as Motorstorm.

Given the layout and design, I would like to see Fuel 2 or a PC mod of Fuel (done right). Seems like there was a lot of potential.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Don't be a douche. Just because it's a **** game doesn't excuse your theft and just because it's called piracy doesn't make it cool in any way.

13. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Hahahaha, you must be new around here. Pirating is bad, mmmkay?
    Seriously though, if it isn't good enough to be worth your money then it isn't good enough to be worth your time. Do your homework instead.

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Most important question:

Can you moto-whip and bubba scrub the motocross bikes?

Tags: Add Tags