1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News id Software responds to Rage PS3 issues

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

If Carmack says it is hard, it is hard. This guy has coded more FPS code than the next 3 guys below him.
    He will nonetheless find a way, Obama got his motto, Yes,We Can from Carmack,lol

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

life would be a lot easier if he stopped ****ing around with the console market and stuck to what hes good at!

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The more I hear about Rage, the more I think it might be Fallout 3... done right. ;)

Other than that, I agree with Gunsmith.

5. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Fallout 3 done right? Despite no RPG experience, or the fact IS have not made a good game in eons? lol.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Despite regular evidence to the contrary in most things... I do tend to remain optimistic. :p

If you don't laugh you'll cry, right?

7. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

maybe if the PC market wasn't flooded with copied version of everything on the planet, maybe, just maybe this would of been a PC only release, but time and time again developers know they get a good return on console development.

Take COD for example, Infinity Ward know that the 360 version will sell more copies than the PC, so for them not to pay attention to the console market would be a stupid idea and the this series of games would of never reached the acclaim that it has achieved.

8. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

So you dont think Xbox 360 has a piracy problem? lol
    Every game is easily available to download, normally well before UK release dates eg. Ghostbusters.
    Console piracy is more tempting because of the ridiculous prices and awful FPS controls.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

fallout 3 was an rpg? you could have fooled me

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

QFT.

End of story.

Star*Dagger likes this.
  11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm not sure where in this thread anyone mentioned piracy, he was just referring to raw figures, CoD4 sold more on the xbox 360 than it did on the PC.

Consoles do have piracy, this is very true, but it's much less widespread than PC piracy. Think about it, what do you need to pirate a game on a PC? A PC, that's it. For a console, you need the console, then you need to open it up and add in hardware, invalidating your warranty, risking a permanent ban for that console and your account of it's online capabilities (for the 360 at least). Console piracy is much less accessible than PC piracy is. I know many people with 360s, none of them have a modded xbox, they've all downloaded PC games in the past.

12. chumbucket843

chumbucket843 What's a Dremel?

so thats why i can download 32 maps on cod4 for free? the game also looks better on PC.

13. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

+1

Star*Dagger likes this.
  14. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

All you need is a PC, Broadband, and a burner, not exactly rocket science. £40 tops to flash your Xbox and games cost roughly 50p each to burn. Simples

15. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

Firstly you dont need to add hardware to play copied games on 360, it dosent effect your warranty as the sticker now slides off and back on again! It cost the price of 1 game for endless almost free games. And by the way, ever heard of Stealth patching your ISO before you burn? Its un-detectable online, so no negatives from where im standing.
    Im a PC gamer but i just want to open peoples eyes to the fact that its just as easy to pirate console games, considering most households now own a PC.

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

atleast the PS3 has yet to be cracked to play pirated games. :)

17. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

because you need a base of users to actually play said pirated games...
    My PS£ *cough* PS3 is gathering a layer of dust until I find a game that doesn't play and look better on the 360.

P.S. Awaits the legion of fanboys to start quoting unreleased games with "true next gen graphics" - what a ploy!

18. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I didn't realize a user base barely 8 million behind it's competitor constituted not having one at all.

19. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

Piracy at least sells consoles. Id never dream of shelling out £40 for the shite ive played so far, with a very few exceptions.
    PS2 is outselling PS3 so hardly a good advert for the non pirated PS3. Both Xbox and Wii are fully available to flash and play backup copies "cough" and both console sales are very healthy.
    Games developers need to spend more time on gameplay and stop wasting so much time and money on purely graphics and anti piracy, maybe then games could be cheaper, more fun and people on a budget might dip in their pocket more often.
    All the talk of Modern Warfare 2 at £55 is gonna kill the industry!

20. Burnin'

Burnin' FPS gamer

its only a matter of time until they get the engine working properly on the PS3... remember that they won;t be selling only RAGE but the whole IDtech5 engine!! The guy itself showcases the damn engine while showing RAGE

It will be bad business for ID to release a slow running RAGE for the PS3, discouraging the already discouraged PS3 GameDev Crew

Tags: Add Tags